Greatheart's Den

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Greatheart's Den

Post  Greatheart on Fri Apr 12, 2013 4:23 pm

Thank you!

I know that JKR made a deliberate decision to tell the whole HP story from Harry's point-of-view, which makes perfect sense over-all. But I liked it when she opened the 'window' into Snape's mind in 'The Prince's Tale'. This was my attempt at an 'intro' to that whole look into the life of SS.

I, and many others, have had a lot of fun looking at the story from different viewpoints than JKR's canonical work. I find it interesting to stay within canon while expanding the 'viewing options.' Sometimes it works ;-)
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Otter Dreams

Post  Greatheart on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:47 pm

"Otter Dreams"

"Hermione," came the voice from down stairs. The eight year old girl, engrossed in a book, didn't appear to have heard.

"Hermione! Dinner is ready!" came the voice, louder.

"Coming, Mother!" 

She marked her place and set the book on the night stand, then went down stairs.

"Happy birthday!" exclaimed her parents. "I made your favorite tonight, dear. And chocolate cake for dessert."

When dinner was done her mother brought out a large chocolate cake with eight candles blazing on top.

"Make a wish, Hermione, and blow them out."

The young girl thought for a moment, then extinguished the candles with one breath.

"Great work, dear. Now these are for you." Her mother and father gave her a pair of packages. Mother's present was a new sweater in her favorite shade of blue. Father's package was smaller and hard. She tore the colored paper off to find a new book, with the curious title of "Ring of Bright Water." She could hardly wait to start reading it.

"Thank you! Both of you! These are great!"

A while later she dressed for bed and opened the new book. Soon she was engrossed in the story of Mij the otter and Graham and Mary, her human friends. Her mother came in an hour later and found Hermione asleep with the book across her chest and the lights still on. She dreamed of playing in the water with Mij.

"Hermione. Hermione!" Harry's voice brought her back into the present. She opened her eyes to the Room of requirements, where Dumbledore's Army were trying for the first time to use the Patronus spell. A faint glow emanated from several wands around the room.

"You looked lost there for a second," Harry said. "Do you have a memory you want to use for your Patronus charm?"

Hermione nodded and smiled wordlessly. She flicked her wand forward and in a firm voice, said "Expecto Patronem!" Nobody was more surprised than she when the figure of an otter formed in the light cast by her wand. The otter frolicked about the room, chasing imaginary friends.

"Excellent, Hermione, that's brilliant!" Harry applauded.

Ron looked over, first at the otter, then at Hermione. He never, ever forgot the smile on her face.

Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Why an otter?

Post  Greatheart on Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:52 pm

Why the otter? When I saw the scene in the movie, I got to wondering about the various patronus animals. Hermione's otter especially intrigued me. Then I remembered this old 'muggle' book, and since her parents were muggles, maybe...

Anyway, until JKR explains it better, 'that's my story and I'm sticking to it' ;-)

PS, no, I never read it! ;-) But there is a film version, so maybe it will be on and I'll catch it.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:11 pm

Love, love, love it!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Apr 16, 2013 9:47 pm

I've read before that her otter is linked to Ron. According to wiki.answers:
An otter is J.K Rowling's favourite animal. J.K Rowling has stated many times that she is like Hermione.
Ron, the man Hermione has loved for years, lives at Ottery St Catchpole. The otter is also in the same family as the weasel which is the origin of the Weasley surname.

Whatever the case, cute tale! Thanks.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed Apr 17, 2013 8:16 am

Makes sense to me great story Greatheart, too cute! Thanks!!!!!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Where do cats go...

Post  Greatheart on Sat May 04, 2013 8:21 pm

(Note - this takes place in the 'Potterverse' but is not a HP story per se)

"Where do cats go..."

...when they die?

I stopped at some friend's house the other day, they had a new kitten, a solid black bundle of furry energy. My buddy and I had to perform some errands for the Ministry, so we apparated to a quiet spot near a muggle restaurant we both enjoyed for a quick lunch first.

"So, what happened to the old cat?" I ventured over a hamburger.

He was quiet for a moment, then said "He disappeared last week. Maybe a coyote got him. He was really old, but he still had a nose for trouble."

"Hmm, yeah," i said, "I can picture him taking on something two sizes too big. He was kind of crazy, wasn't he?"

"Oh, yeah, remember the time he got into it with the neighbor's basset?"

The conversation went on about that crazy old cat for a while. We toasted his memory and then went out and took care of the, never mind, top secret, sorry. Anyway, that evening I was home and reading in my easy chair when it came back to me.

Squinty, the house elf, came in with a fresh glass of elf-made wine.

"Squinty," I mused, "What happens to cats when they die? I mean, they just seem to disappear, unless you see one in the road, run over. But you never seem to see them get sick and die at home, unless they're locked in."

Squinty was silent, looking at the floor, shuffling from foot to foot.

"Squinty? What's the matter?"

"Sorry, Master, I will answer if you wish, but are you sure?"

"Yes, I'm sure. What do you know?"

"It is sad, Master. We elves don't like cats very much, but many Masters and Mistresses like cats, so we must live with them. And then..." His little voice trailed off.

" Then what? And why don't you like cats? They're clean, and nice, and they keep mice away and all."

"I'm sorry, Master, but cats don't like elves, sir. They makes us sneeze, sir."

"Sneeze? You mean you're allergic to cats?"

"No sir, elves are not allergic. Cats just don't like us. it is a house elf's job to keep mice and nasty things away. Cats resent us. They think we steal their jobs, so they make us sneeze, sir. "

"Can they do that? I mean, I never thought they could cast spells or anything like that. A sneezing hex?"

"Cat magic is not wizard magic, sir. Not elf magic either. I can't explain. They just do. And then they smile at us."

I thought about that. It sounded crazy, but Squinty had been in my family a very long time, and might be getting a bit dodgy. Still ...

"That doesn't explain what happens to old, dying cats, Squinty."

"No, sir. We takes care of them, sir."

"Take care of them? How? And why, since you don't get along?"i

"We helps them die, sir. We makes them comfortable, and gives them catnip potion to make them happy, and they dies, sir, and we bury them. All nice and proper, sir."

"But why? If they make you sneeze? And you don't like them, I mean?"

"It's our duty, sir. And we always knows, when they're ready to die, sir."

"You know? How? Surely they don't tell you?"

"No sir, they stops making us sneeze, sir. Then we knows it's time."

"They stop..." It was my turn to stare at the floor.

"Yes, sir. And we takes care of them, sir. And pets them. It's the only time we can pet them, without sneezing."

My eyes were tearing up. I handed Squinty my glass. "Here, drink this."

He downed it in a single gulp. "Thank you, sir."

As he shuffled out of the room, I mumbled, "No, thank you."
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun May 05, 2013 8:19 pm

No, Thank you Greatheart, I always wondered where my cats had gone I am so glad the elves took care of them! nuff said!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

You're welcome

Post  Greatheart on Mon May 06, 2013 5:58 am

You're welcome. The first part of that is actually true. My buddy's crazy old cat disappeared and, well, I think I was reading about Hermione and SPEW at the time, so...
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Mon May 06, 2013 7:39 pm

Greatheart thank you so much. I've lost a few of my furry friends over the years and it's nice think of them being cared for by a kindly house elf.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Shack Nasties

Post  Greatheart on Wed May 08, 2013 4:47 pm

Shack Nasties

The month of March is when time stands still. This is not magic; not even He-who-must-not-be-named could conjure such bleakness. For three weeks the weather ranged from 'partly dismal' to 'sunny and frigid.' The students at Hogwarts were hard at work on their OWL studies and likewise feeling dismal.

So, when headmaster Dumbledore announced the following day off for Spring Solstice, a cheer went up in the Great Hall that defied the freezing rain drizzling out of the low grey sky. The students started making plans to visit Hogsmeade.

Harry, Ron and Hermione were sitting together at the Griffindor table, finishing dessert.

Ron was in a glum mood. "It's no use," he mumbled. "Even if I stay here and study instead of visiting Hogsmeade, I'll still fail everything."

Harry didn't say a word. Hermione thought for a moment and said, "Ron, you should go to Hogsmeade."

Ron and Harry both blinked and stared at her. She was constantly nagging them to study more, so this was completely out of character.

Finally Harry swallowed his pie and asked, "Hermione, did I hear you right? You're telling Ron to go shopping instead of studying? Are you feeling okay?"

"Hmph. Yes. Since he'll mope all day instead of studying he may as well go."

As she got up and left, Ron finally said, "You know, she does have a point. I mean, I could use a new quill, and..." He was interrupted as Harry launched a spoonful of pie at him.

"Give it a break, mate. You want to go, so go. Hey, why don't we visit Hagrid in the morning?"

"Yeah, well, we can do that before we head to town. Butterscotch...who eats butterscotch pie? Yuck."

The following morning the threesome ate a quick breakfast and headed towards Hagrid's cottage. Fang, Hagrid's giant dog, barked once as they knocked on the door.

"Oh, it's you lot," Hagrid said when he saw them. "Care for a quick spot of tea? Don't have much time for socializin' this morning. Got two students coming for detention."

"Oh, who?" asked Harry..

"Crabbe and Goyle. Professor McGonagal caught them at a bit of mischief and I asked her for help with a job. So they're coming to help me, unh, never mind. Ye don't wanna know anyhow."

"Well," Hermione said, "We really should be off."

The three said goodbye to Hagrid and headed into town. Shortly after, Crabbe and Goyle showed up. They both looked a bit short on sleep, but it was widely rumored that they were too stupid to shut their eyes.

"Right," Hagrid said, "Well, let's get started."

"What do you want us to do?" Crabbe asked.

"Come with me." Hagrid led the two around back of the shed. There was a large aquarium tank with about 3 inches of wood chips covering the bottom. "We have to get rid of these." He reached into the tank and rummaged around the bottom until he pulled out a tiny animal. No bigger than half a thumb, it was bright purple, had oversize ears, and looked a bit like a mouse.

"What is it?" Crabbe asked.

"It's a Shack Nasty." Hagrid's eyes were glowing as he spoke. "Miserable little creatures, they spread a sense of gloom all winter long, then they die off when Spring arrives. These will all be dead in an hour or so, and we need to bury them before they start to smell."

He handed the two of them shovels and led them a short way into the forest, carrying the tank himself. As they trudged behind him, Goyle whispered to Crabbe, "I have an idea. Let's steal a few of these and sneak 'em into the Griffindor Rooms."

"Good one. I'll pocket a few while you distract Hagrid."

Shortly after they started digging the grave, Goyle yelled, "Ow! My back hurts! I need to rest a minute."

"Okay," Hagrid said, "Sit down for a few. Never seen such out of shape kids before."

As Goyle sat near the tank, Crabbe asked, "Hagrid, how deep does it have to be?"

Hagrid looked over at the hole and started giving directions. Goyle quickly reached into the tank and slipped a handful of the Nasties into his coat pocket.

When the Nasties were buried Hagrid dismissed the pair. As they trudged back to the castle, they spotted Hannah Abbot heading toward the garden. Just for fun, Goyle immediately pulled his wand and attempted a leg-twisting jinx, which missed.

"Ahem."

Turning, the two found themselves facing Professor Snape. He glared at them and then spoke in an icier than usual tone.

"So, not only casting jinxes at others for no reason, but doing so poorly and embarrassing your House. Detention. Both of you. Follow me."

"But, but, Professor..." Crabbe began.

"I mean now, Crabbe."

"Yes, sir," Crabbe answered dejectedly.

Half an hour later they were sitting in Snapes' office, slowly copying potion formulas from a pair of dusty old books. Snape was grading papers at his desk when suddenly his eyebrows arched and he sniffed the air. His nose wrinkled and he asked, haughtily, "What IS that smell? Have you two bathed lately?"

Crabbe and Goyle turned deep red. Goyle mumbled, "Umm, well, Professor, I think it's these."

He reached into his pocket and pulled out a handful of dead and rapidly rotting Shack Nasties. the stench of decay filled the room, almost strong enough to feel. All their eyes were watering.

"I see. Winter Stinkmice, more commonly called Shack Nasties. Where did you get those? Never mind, I don't want to know, but what did you plan to do with them? Eat them?"

Crabbe spoke up. "No sir, we thought to sneak them into the Griffindor Common Rooms. Sort of as a joke, sir."

"Sort of as a joke. I see. What I don 't see is how you planned to get them into the Griffindor rooms. To say nothing of the delightful conversation I'd be forced to have with Professor McGonagal. Brilliant plan, gentlemen. Brilliant."

Professor Snape turned away from the pair and stared out the solitary slit window set high in the wall of his dungeon office. Finally he faced them.

"Very well. First, you will immediately bury the Shack Nasties. Then you will return with your potions books and cauldrons. "

"Sir?" Goyle asked.

"Detention, Goyle. You and Crabbe will both learn how to make Descento Juice. Flawlessly. And when it is done you will scrub every inch of this room with it. Every nook and cranny, every bottle and vial."

"But, but, sir," Crabbe stammered, "That will take hours."

"Longer, Crabbe. I anticipate two weeks, at least, and another month of cleaning. Every day after classes. Plus Saturdays and Sundays. But cheer up, with any luck you'll be free in time to go home for the summer. Now get a pair of shovels and get a move on."

As the pair set out on burial detail, they glanced over towards the quidditch field, where several people had an impromptu scrimmage going in the bright sunny sky. With watering eyes they turned and trudged away.

Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri May 10, 2013 6:59 am

Oh Justice at last, it always seemed as though Harry and the gang got the detentions that Crabbe and Goyle should have gotten, nice that Snape saw it for what it was and took care of the situation! Better yet it went to these two! Thanks Greatheart well done as usual!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Sat May 11, 2013 10:10 am

Yay! Nice to see these two get some well deserved punishment. I always wondered what else was going on when Harry wasn't present. I imagine Professor Snape would not be happy having to discuss those critters with Professor McGonagall.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

The Lost Goblet

Post  Greatheart on Sat May 18, 2013 8:44 pm

(Fantasy, but not in the HP universe.)

The Lost Goblet

“Sit down. There is wine on the table; those silly priests brought it. Sit. Drink. I will tell you a story.”

The girl sat, huddled on the low chair. Above her loomed her master, mighty and terrible, even tonight when he seemed in a good mood. She knew all too well how swiftly that mood could shift.

“Drink, I said. There are golden goblets in the cabinet, pour yourself some wine.”

Shuddering, she poured a measure into a cup, the gold she had polished gleaming in the fire light.

“A story, yes. About six thousand years ago, the dwarves of the Redstone Mountains, far to the north, forged a goblet. It was a bit larger than the one you hold, and beautiful beyond measure. Adorned with rare jewels, cunningly wrought, perfect in shape and symmetry. It was to be a gift, from the king of Andor to his betrothed. In honor of their forthcoming wedding, he sent the goblet to be displayed, under heavy guard, of course, around his kingdom.

All who saw it marveled. The people of Andor loved their king, who was known for his justice, and rejoiced in his happiness. They saw the goblet as a promise of their own continued good fortune. All but a few, that is.

The kings’ cousin, whose name is now forgotten, did not share the happiness. He had hoped to rule himself, until the last king, their grandfather, had chosen otherwise.

And so, he contrived to steal the goblet. Leading a band of cronies, they raided the caravan and stole the cup. In their haste, they left a witness; one of the guards was not fatally wounded.

When the king found out his royal cousin’s crime, he decreed that he be banished. Needing wealth to secure their escape, they melted the cup, selling the gold and jewels for enough coins to live well in another realm.

DAMN THEM!

The girl cringed, falling back off the stool. The wine slopped on the floor. Automatically, she began to mop it up.

“Damn them,” He repeated quietly. “An object of incomparable beauty, destroyed for mere money. We would never have done that. They call us greedy, because we hoard beautiful things. Hoard them? We protect them, from senseless fools who lack all appreciation for art, for craftsmanship, for magnificence.”

He sighed deeply. “And for this, we dragons are reviled.”
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun May 19, 2013 8:58 am

Ah a story after my own heart, I say bless them I love Dragons and all they hold dear! Thanks Greatheart another tale well told!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun May 19, 2013 9:00 am

Yay, dragons!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Tue May 21, 2013 5:47 pm

Thanks. I've noticed that portrayal of dragons follows one of two routes - as dumb brutes, ala JKR, or as wise-but-tricksy eldritch creatures. Think 'Smaug' or the great dragon on the BBC 'Merlin' series.

I much prefer the latter. There is too much magnificence in dragons to waste on simple brute nastiness. Of course, Jo Rowling is the billionaire author and I'm not, so take that with a large grain of salt ;-)
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed May 22, 2013 12:09 pm

She didn't get her billions on what she thought of dragons, but I agree dragons are far more than mindless creatures, or even evil vile ones who hate men for men's sake, I see them like Saphera in the Eragon series or as the wise ones so revered by the Chinese, we have let so much go away because of our fear and mistrust, I am certain at one time Dragons and men were friends and that it was us not they who changed all that! sigh! Thanks for another great story!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Wed May 22, 2013 3:21 pm

""She didn't get her billions on what she thought of dragons,""

No, but imagine if she -had- found a better use for them. Hmm, "Harry Potter and the Dragon's Riddle". Hmmm...
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu May 23, 2013 8:15 am

There you go Greatheart your chance for billions as well, you can write the next novel involving dragons and who they come in contact with! I would buy it and read it with great relish!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Thu May 23, 2013 2:58 pm

Actually, that dragon story evolved (devolved?) from a larger story idea I was fooling with, about a princess who had been captured and enslaved by a dragon. Never got far with it, beyond collecting a bunch of story notes. (By 'notes' I mean 'questions' ;-) ) Finally sat and wrote that short piece.

Limited experience has shown me that I don't really have the knack or patience for longer, more involved plots. For instance, 'The Healing' and 'The Negotiation', both presented here; at one time I tried to incorporate those two into a much larger story about Harry Potter, 30 years after DH. Got so tangled in plot elements that I couldn't find my way out!

Writing is hard work when it doesn't flow naturally, and I tip my cap to anyone who can weave a novel-sized plot.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu May 23, 2013 4:28 pm

Oooo, what fun new contributions I missed! Thank you for sharing your creative ideas with us!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Greatheart on Mon May 27, 2013 6:27 am

I never read the 'Earthsea' books, but they were adapted for a mini-series some years ago. (Watched a bit of it, I'm told it was a lousy adaptation.)

Anyway, there was a scene between a young wizard (?) and a dragon which can be viewed on youtube -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cblYD8pSW4
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Mon May 27, 2013 8:51 pm

Oh at least the saying was right on, "That's what you get trying to match wits with a Dragon!" After all what could we learn in 20 something years that a Dragon wouldn't have figured out in 100+ ! Dragons are wise and dangerous but I can't help believe at one time they were also allies and friends, in myy dreams it is something like this

and not like this

we just blew it and lost out on thousands of years of friendship and learning! sigh!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

"Finnigan's Holiday"

Post  Greatheart on Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:07 pm

"Finnigan's Holiday"

Seamus was distracted. Imbolc was tomorrow, although his mother referred to it as St. Brigid's Day and lit candles at church. He was trying to mix Flotsam Juice for Professor Snape's potions class, but his mind was wandering. His hand slipped and he added way too much primrose leaf extract, and his cauldron began to bubble violently, threatening to leap off the fire.

The Professor instantly materialized behind him in his usual nerve-wracking manner.

"Well, well. What have we here.? I ask for Flotsam Juice and you give me something to sink a ship. Primrose is not to be used lightly, in case you did not read this weeks' assignment. Five points from Griffindor."

The professor flicked his wand and the steaming mess disappeared.

"Oh, and Finnigan? Three pages on the dangers of overuse of primrose. Tomorrow."

"Yes, sir."

He was sunk. He'd planned to sneak out tonite with Ron and Harry for a round of holiday butterbeers, but this assignment would take hours.

Across the room Draco Malfoy grinned at him, along with Crabbe and Goyle. He'd lost points for the house and now he'd have to hear it from those three Slytherin creeps. Oh, well.

Arriving back at the Common Room with a stack of library books, he settled in for a depressing evening of homework. He was copying notes from "Greenweed's Guide to The Lesser-Loved Leaves" when Neville came by.

"Hi, Seamus, what's up?"

"Special paper for potions. I screwed up on Flotsam Juice today. Three pages on primrose leaf."

"Primrose? Great stuff. But don't bother with Greenweed. Try this." Neville picked a slender volume from the pile of books on the desk. "'Higglebee's Herbal Compendium.' just the thing. Higglebee invented Flotsam Juice, you know. Awesome stuff. My Gram once turned a parrot into a raven with it. But the bird flew away. Unlocked it's cage with it's beak at night. Smart birds, ravens."

"Thanks, Neville." Seamus opened the Compendium and sure enough, Chapter Three was devoted to primrose and it's uses. Besides making Flotsam Juice, it could be used to protect swords from rusting and even...Seamus stopped, stunned. Then he read some more. That's it!

He pulled his wand out, and slipped a vial of primrose extract from his robe. Three drops left. Another glance at the book and he swallowed the extract. "Accellero!" he shouted, pointing the wand at himself. Hmm. Nothing. Time Compression Spell my eye. Then he looked across the room. That was curious, Harry and Ron were coming through the door, but they stood there frozen. No, not quite, they were moving forward incredibly slowly. Seamus crossed the room.

"Harry! Ron!" he waved his hand in front of them but they didn't even blink. He looked at the clock on the mantle. The pendulum was barely moving, swinging at a fantastically slow rate. "Well, I'll be..."

He saw that the door to the hall was open, somebody was entering, so he slipped by and went down the stairs. Incredible. The second flight of stairs had started to move, but it was only six inches away from the landing, and he easily stepped over the gap. He went down to the pantry, right past a nearly-frozen Filch and Mrs. Norris, the caretakers' snoopy cat. Grabbing a case of cold butterbeer, he made his way back to the common room, past the entering student, who now barely had one foot in the door. He set the case down, opened a bottle, took up his quill, and began writing. When he looked up from his three completed pages Ron and Harry had taken about two full steps across the Common room.

"Cool, done in no time flat. Now how do I come back to normal?"

Seamus picked up the Compendium and started reading. Nothing about counterspells or cures or anything to reverse the "Accellero." A sinking feeling was developing in the pit of his stomach. He opened another bottle of butterbeer and grabbed the next book off the pile. Nothing. Bottle after bottle was drained, book after book was leafed through. Not a clue was to be found.

He made his way into the dormitory and found Neville just climbing in to bed. "Neville, I need help." No response. "Neville!" The other boy's head began to turn, ever so slowly.

No use. He was moving too fast to interact with anybody. He was stuck!

The night seemed to last forever. He paced for what seemed like hours, napped, woke again, studied more books that were on the desks, all to no avail. And he drank butterbeer, the whole rest of the case, which left him feeling even worse. When morning finally came, he made his way to potions class, hoping that Professor Snape could help him.

He spent an agonizing time watching Snape march in slow motion to the front of the class. When the professor finally turned, Seamus was right in front of him, waving his hands furiously and almost shouting. "Professor Snape, sir, Professor! Professor!"

He kept this up for several minutes and finally the teacher seemed to notice a buzzing around him. His facial expression changed glacially from annoyance to surprise and finally he drew his wand and ever so slowly exclaimed "Decellero!"

Seamus was instantly aware of the change, as Professor Snape was now moving at normal speed. The whole class let out a gasp behind him as he seemingly materialized out of thin air. Snapes' voice was even icier and more haughty than usual.

"Ahh, Mister Finnigan. Enjoying our little study of primrose extract, are we?"

"No, sir, and sorry, sir, and thank you sir, you saved my life!"

"Nonsense, Finnigan. The effect would have worn off in two weeks. Of course your hair might have begun turning grey." The whole class laughed out loud as Seamus felt his ears burning with embarrassment.

"Yes sir. And thank you again, sir."

Snape's eyes were gleaming, and the thin faint smile on his face was a quite unnerving. "Very well, Mister Finnigan, today I suppose we can use you to demonstrate the effects of undiluted toadspawn."

Seamus gulped. He'd read that chapter last night. He hoped that his parents had prayed to St. Brigid and the old Goddess of healing both. February was shaping up to be an awfully long month!
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum