Classic movies - all the best

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Classic movies - all the best

Post  Greatheart on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:06 am

What are your favorite 'classic movies? The ones on everybody's 'ten best all time' or lesser known gems from back when.

I'll start with 'The Searchers'. Great scenery, classic cast, John Wayne playing a much deeper and darker character than his usual stuff. Obsession, revenge, and the best dialogue ever written for an oater.

'Casablanca'. Action, Nazis, gambling, romance, murder, corrupt officials, music and booze. Everything you need ;-)

'The Adventures of Robin Hood'. Because silly fun deserves Technicolor ;-)

'Scaramouche' and 'The Three Musketeers' (with Gene Kelly) because silly fun deserves company on the shelf.
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Re: Classic movies - all the best

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Aug 29, 2013 5:51 pm

African Queen with all of it's drama, Sabrina with Hepburn and Boogie, White Christmas and Court Jester because no does anything like Danny Kaye,will have to think I am certain there are others!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

More recently

Post  Greatheart on Fri Aug 30, 2013 6:06 am

'Jeremiah Johnson'. Loosely based on a real life character, this movie has some of the best dialogue ever. (I know guys who can recite the whole thing verbatim ;-) )

"Indians leave you here?" "'Tweren't Mormons."

"He says you fish poorly."

It's better in context ;-) Seriously, if you've never seen it, do so. Just the scenes with Will Geer are worth the price of admission. "Skin that one, Pilgrim, and I'll get ya another!"
Greatheart
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:32 pm

Princess Bride," he is just nearly dead!" one of my all time favorites, like Willow also, one of Flitwicks ( Warwick Davis) earlier shows and who could forget Lilies of the Field, I come to build you a schappel!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum