Hog's Head

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hog's Head

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun May 14, 2017 1:13 am

Good evening to all.....AND..................

Wrote myself a note to make sure I didn't miss The Dr. tonight, so now I'm caught up because I was able to see last week's before the new one.  What is being kept behind that door is starting to perplex me....each week we find out a little more about it...I suppose we won't know the answer until the end of the season.  Have any of you been watching that new series Class right after the Dr.?  What do you think?

Always, you had to mention steak, now my mind is hearing one sizzling on a grill and wanting to get my teeth into one done med-rare with just enough fat left around the edges to get nice and crispy. Yum!  Ok Dobby, please do your magic, how about adding some sizzling steaks to the menu along with a variety of seafoods.........................

Grilled salmon, enjoy Samtibbs....................

White fish aspic....................

And for dessert we have more lovely cakes decorated especially for us by Winky.........................

She has also made us some delightful Mother's Day cookies............................

Blessings for a Happy Carefree Mother's Day for everyone!  Hecate3fold!  
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Weesa on Sun May 14, 2017 8:46 am

Good morning! Wanted to pop in for a minute before things get super busy today. Think I'll have one of the jumbo coffees today and a strawberry cream cheese bagel. Well gotta run. Have a great day!
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun May 14, 2017 9:20 am

Fairy Godmother's Teeny Tiny Tea Cottage, Central Point, Oregon. Photo by What to do in Southern Oregon.

Good morning and a Happy Mother's Day! The House Elves (with a helping hand from Hecate) have prepared an even lovelier buffet for everyone to enjoy.

Hecate... According to a recent interview with Steven Moffat, we will learn who's in the vault before the season end. My bet is on the Master, since two incarnations of the Master (Missy and the John Simms version) are known to be in the show this season. I truly wish they'd let Simms come back in a very "Roger Delgado" version of the Master instead of as a raving psycho, but am not holding my breath for any subtlety these days. As to the most recent spin-off... I've tried each week to watch "Class" but I've not yet managed a full episode. Somehow it just doesn't grab me, sad to say. I've ended up just rewatching the evening's "Doctor Who" episode instead.

Here's to a healthy, healing, joy-filled day for all...

Mother's Day Buffet. Photo by Long Island Pulse Magazine.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun May 14, 2017 9:31 am

Happy Mother's Day!  On my way to work, will be back later!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sun May 14, 2017 11:15 am

Feeling some better, this lovely buffet will surely help!

Have a wonderful Mother's Day all!

Settles by the fire for a bit!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun May 14, 2017 11:28 am

Interesting buffet...must investigate.
Glad you're feeling better, samtibbs. Make the family treat you like a queen today.

Cutest cottage ever, Always.  And a perfect name, too.

Love John Simms, manic or not. Undecided about Missy. .she can deliver some zingers!
Guess we'll see soon. Liked last night's episode.  Oxygen as a commodity is a thought provoking concept.

My brother is spending the day at an open air flea market in Tours, France. He says there are trash and treasures, and his cases are already bulging. Can't wait to see what he's found.

Trying to motivate myself but am caught up in the Mommy Dearest marathon.

Have sent Hecate a couple of photos of the peonies.  They  burst into bloom yesterday.  The pink sorbet only has  a few blooms but looks healthy.  At least now the yard guy knows they really were flowers all along and not weeds.

Beautiful day...cool, clear, sunny and the birds are calling out to each other.  Big gossips. ..all of them.

Better do something today...two wasted days in a row won't  do.

Happy Mother's Day to all...and love to our 2 and 4 legged kiddies.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Sun May 14, 2017 12:16 pm

Happy Mother's Day! I hope everyone has a peaceful, fun day!

I am digging in the dirt, one of my favorite things to do! Taking me a little more time than it used to, but I'm chipping away at it. This year I bought some decorative iron flower steps, from Aldi. That way I can consolidate some of the pots and get them off of my rotting wood deck. I manage to put down some marble chips in the front of the house, a useless, empty space between the drive way and the front porch that only grows weeds. Much nicer and cleaner looking. I had some left over so I cleaned out the flower bed around the mailbox and filled that in with the marble chips too. I have a beautiful clematis growing there, looks much better with the burgundy flowers against the white rocks. Now I need to paint the mailbox and post. There is always something else you notice that needs to be done! Like my nails for instance, as I write this I see there is barely and polish left on them. Razz
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun May 14, 2017 4:30 pm

Good afternoon all,

Popped in early to post Maxecat's flowers for her..........................

Muggleborn, that marble edging sound lovely, especially around the mailbox. Maybe doing your nails should be the priority of the day, a Mother's Day gift....to you, from you,...........or get one of your sons to do it for you!

Love the addition to the buffet Always, and what a special cottage to go with it! As I said, I've watched the Class episodes but they aren't really pulling me in either. It's sort of like listening to them in the background while I play puter games. I do pay more attention during the Dr. Who viewing though. Just finished watching How TO Train Your Dragon II, have never seen it before. Love the little black dragon...Toothless.

These last ones aare for me, I love gardenias............................

winky whipped up a few more cookies starting with a great big Mother's Day cookie....................

Blessings for a spectacular day! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun May 14, 2017 5:46 pm

The cookies, cakes and food choices are amazing!  I'll take another trip through.

It's been pretty calm today.  Having a hard time staying awake.  Still so sleepy.  I know I will probably nap all day Tuesday, again, and really looking forward to it.  I slept solid last night, really don't get it.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Sun May 14, 2017 10:15 pm

Happy Mother's day everyone!. I am back for the food, flowers and friendship. It has been a lovely day. They gave the mothers cheesecake at church today. Quite a surprise. Usually it is a flower or some chocolate. One year it was tomato plants Laughing Laughing I have to say blueberry/raspberry cheesecake was a delightful surprise.

I have video chatted with all my kids. Brian and Shaniel are over in eastern Washington with her mother and family. My daughter took a flight today to Las Vegas. Her annual PA Convention is there this week. She goes to classes and gets credits for her continuing education requirements. She always calls if there is something new on the horizon. She will also be visiting with my sister and her family who all live there. She is at the Luxor (?) Is that the one shaped like a pyramid? Anyway she is so excited to be in a slanted room! Then I got to talk to my son, DIL, and the grandkids. They were so excited and had to show me their hand made presents for Mom. Lily was a bit grouchy (teething a back molar) but she always smiles when Grandma sings to her. My son made barbecue chicken, potato salad and asparagus for their dinner. I guess 11 years of marriage has taught him to cook a bit. Very Happy

Maxe your flowers are gorgeous! I have never tried peonies. But those are so beautiful. I love white flowers and anything named pink sorbet...well done. My yellow iris's were just bursting forth yesterday. Then today we had hail and bullet sized rain. I don't dare look at them. If they survive I will get some pictures tomorrow...well this week. It is suppose to rain all day Monday and Tuesday. Our flower baskets are being beat to death.

I'll have a butter beer and a pass through the buffet. At least in Hogsmeade I can eat out on the patio in the warm sunshine.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun May 14, 2017 11:24 pm

Maxie, your Peonies are beautiful!  Glad you could get him to stop running over them!  

Missy P sounds like a great day!  Also sounds like you are feeling better.   Very Happy. That is more important.  Kids are growing like weeds!  Sorry to hear about your plants, the rain has been back and forth, got some sunshine today.  

Sorry, just pooped.  Hugs to everyone.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Mon May 15, 2017 3:52 am

Good evening to all,

So happy to hear that you got to talk with all of your kids MissyPotter, and that you enjoyed your day. I treated myself today, I decided to order Chinese and ended up with way too much to eat. Thinking ahead, because I know from last Friday that I wasn't getting a meal delivered on Monday I ordered with two days in mind.......two orders of eggrolls, an order of crab rangoon and pot stickers, a small wontn soup with an extra order of fried wontons, and a small sweet&sour combo-pork,chicken,shrimp. Ended up I could only eat about a quarter of what I ordered and I was picking at it all evening. I really can't eat much at one time anymore I was totally full after half of the small soup, one pot sticker, one rangoon, and one eggroll. At least I know I'll have more than enough to get through tomorrow too.

I can't seem to get enough flowers this Mother's Day, so here are more to look at..............

Oh, here's one more thing.....Dobby has just informed me that he has one of these for each of us from a certain Potions Professor at Hogwarts...............................

Blessings for a picture perfect day! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Mon May 15, 2017 7:26 am

Morning all

Slowly retuning from the land of yuck, I hate end of season colds,and this one was a doozy, with a barking cough that sounds like I'm on my death bed, but less of that everyday getting able to stand on my feet for more than a few minutes is a plus as well, hope the rest of you avoid this years cold for sure! It has been hitting hard around here this winter several of the gals have gotten it and one developed pneumonia as well, not fun at all, nuff said!

MMD I hope you continue to improve, have you thought about getting a second opinion regarding your health in general? I know several of my gal friends had been going to the same dr for years only to have him ignore several symptoms that ended up sending her to the hospital for 2weeks, things the emergency room dr couldn't believe he had missed, it just seems like you should be getting some better by now instead of having bouts of other complications, sending soothing healing thoughts your way dear! Hugs!

Karentia are you going through the change or something? Seems like your energy levels are way below usual, hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Maxie love your peonies around here we put them in frames so the weight of the blooms don't break the stems, nice they got a chance to show off how pretty they are, my dad had one that was such a dark red it was nearly black and one that was peppermint with slashes of red and white love them all! Hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Hecate nice you got enough food to tide you over, Chinese is my idea of perfect leftovers, enjoy! I hope you know all the great pict you post really make this place a home, thank you! Have a super week, hugs dear! Don't suppose Bekkah will have any trouble finding things for her friends to see, know there are several good museums including one I think for the blues, and of course the Jolliet prison where the movie the blues brothers started and the Great Lake and loads more, she isn't one I worry about,it just seem special to her cause she has been there all along, give her a hug from me as well!

Always the cottages have been so nice there were several times this weekend when I would find a favorite with lots of sunshine and blue skies, and put my self there perfect, thank you so much for all of them! Yep if you are used to one kind of weather, something different is a real treat, I don't mind rain now and again nice when it comes every few days so I don't have to water, but I wouldn't want it everyday, but then wouldn't want continuous sun either, hope your weather is just what you need, thanks again hugs dear!

Missy nice you had a chance to visit with everyone, hope your weekend was enjoyable, cheesecake for treat neat my idea of a perfect treat, hope you and hubby are doing some better, have the dry got any ideas what and when? Hope your week is super, hugs dear!

Muggleborn make sure and post some Picts so we can see your hard work, hope you have a perfect growing season, hugs dear!

Shrivelfig hope things continue to improve for you, have a good week, hugs dear!

Dobby you are a dear, how nice you have cooked cereal with lots of toppings perfect, Alberforth a Hagrid sized mug of your house blend please, perfect, thank you both!

Fire for a bit then things to do, life must go on, hugs to one and all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon May 15, 2017 8:33 am

English cottage garden. Photo by Sequin Gardens.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall coffee, plus a bowl of oatmeal topped with Irish butter, please.

Maxe... lovely flowers!

Madame Pomfrey has dropped off an assortment of wellness and pepper-up potions, plus a medicinal-of-course batch of chocolates for anyone who needs them to get back on track.

Here's to a healthy, healing, refreshing, new day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon May 15, 2017 9:52 am

How is it the English make cottage gardens look so easy?
Just beautiful.

Hope this week finds you fully healed, samtibbs. I guess not being exposed to children and germ laden cash kept me free from the flu this year. Maybe being a semi recluse is physically healthy for me. Smile

I plan on getting supports for my peonies. I didn't know if they'd bloom this year so I didn't plan ahead.
Today the newly arrived phlox go in..then mulching, a few pots and I'm done with the front of the house. The list of projects never gets shorter, does it?

And, my projects await...see you all later, hopefully in good spirits.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Mon May 15, 2017 11:24 pm

Samtibbs, I am so sorry you have been so ill. That sounds terrible. I hate being sick. MMD, I hope you get feeling better as well. Do you have any jobs this spring/summer? Any weddings coming up.

Yes, Karentia, I am feeling better. The infections are cleared up but I am still dealing with the black floaters and flashing in my eye. So far it is about the same and not worse. The cement chip in my knee continues to float around causing terrible pain some times and some times it is fine. Hard to decide on surgery. Hubby's surgery to remove the large lump on his thyroid has been moved up. They are doing it a week from Thursday. They will do a slice biopsy and see if it is cancer. He said he is having difficulty swallowing now. He is still having the speech problems that no one can figure out. He is talking about retiring, but we just went over finances and it's not going to happen for a bit.

Always that cottage and garden are gorgeous! I agree, Maxe it seems they all have lovely carefree gardens that are so beautiful. Hecate, I love Chinese food and all of that sounds wonderful. I am getting the same way about food. I can't eat much at a time anymore. And yet....the weight doesn't seem to be coming off. silent

Have a good evening all.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Tue May 16, 2017 2:30 am

Good evening to all,

This last cottage is extraordinary Always. That center spire part, can't call it a cupola because it's actually a room, is unique. Love the way the two different sized windows are placed on each side of the corner walls, plus the windows in the roofs. Looks like it was a definite add on cottage.  When I see them like this it makes me wonder what the other side looks like??

Glad to hear that your hubby is getting things taken care of sooner MissyPotter, but you need to get that knee done too. Please don't put it off, the longer that piece is floating around the more damage it can do.

Just checked the weather radar for the US and I guess the WA area is having a swirl of storms again.  It's always located half on land and half into the ocean and it covers the entire state from north to south.  They just seem to pop up, not travel from across the Aleusian Islands, and dissipate once they leave the area. Only sometimes do they go inland and travel across to Samtibbs. The reason I was there  again tonight was to check out some heat lightning that I saw in the northern sky and found out that the Chicago area was on the very southern edge of a front moving across WI and onto Lake Michigan. It ended up with a brief rain and hail storm with lots of pinging sounds as they hit the top of the AC and the front windows.  All gone now, it was very brief, but not for those who live further north, I'm sure.

I can't tell you if these flowers were photographed with a colored filter or if they are all natural, some I'm sure are, but they are so beautiful.........................Enjoy!......................

Winky, we need a cake or two to match these lovely pictures..............................

Thank you Winky, you are so creative!

Blessings for a happy adventure filled day!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue May 16, 2017 8:35 am

La Maison Bleue, Gerberoy, Normandy, France. Photo by Laurent Girard.

Good morning. Dobby, I'd love a slice of that blue roses cake topped with an egg, plus a big mug of coffee, please.

Raining solidly this morning, so I guess I'd best appreciate it while I can. After this storm system moves through by end of tomorrow, we're supposed to be heading into warmer, drier weather signalling the approach of summer. tongue

Here's to a healthier, healing, pepper-up-potioned kind of day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue May 16, 2017 6:50 pm

Hey Samtibbs, glad you are on the mend.  My co-worker Jeanine has been telling me how my health has been in a downward spiral for ages.  I looked back, and yeah, it started last year, on my Disney trip, and I got a hit after Robert H was fired, just seem to have less energy.  Really not sure what it is.  To help myself I've stopped following a lot of the bigger groups on Facebook - maybe I've been trying to help too many people all at once.  Need to conserve and heal myself.  I've also posted that the costumes for LOTR Hobbit group are on the back burner - health takes the front place of honor till I have my energy back.    Feel better yourself, and no pneumonia!

Resting today - lunch out tomorrow with 2 elders.  Whooboy.

I'll take a cocoa and a slice of cake please.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed May 17, 2017 4:23 am

Good evening to everyone,

Karentia, it could be that the changes you are feeling is just because you are getting older.  I know that can be hard to hear but do consider it. We can't stay with the same energy levels forever, especially once 'mental pause' starts to set in.  Even if I wasn't as handicapped as I am, I know that I don't have the same amount of stamina that I did when I was fifty.  It's a fact of life.  Even if a person spends time in a gym, like you do, the tonal quality of muscles, tendons, etc. decreases with age.  I would say the important thing is to know your limits and not push yourself beyond what you are capable of doing. None of us are in the 'spring chicken' category any longer, especially me ...........................

Besides, the beauty of a spring chicken is in the eye of the beholder and mentally we are all spring chickens.................

Laurene picked me a bouquet of lily of the valley today, I didn't know they were still growing in the yard. They smell so beautiful, they are about three feet away from me and I can still smell them.........................

I found a picture of a fairy with lily of the valley to go with them...................

I found this one hanging around the blue roses that I posted last night......................

I came across this idea today....something to do with old towels that you don't want anymore.  Start by making a soupy mixture of concrete in a large plastic bucket, then soak the towel in it and then drape it over another plastic bucket that has been turned upside down............................

Once it is 'completely' dry remove the bucket and drill some holes in the bottom of it. then it cam be painted any color your heart desires..............................

I can see that the towels in these pictures have been pulled out wider at the bottom of the draping, so when turned over it will have more of a wider top compared to the bottom.............................

Thought it was a cute idea.  Winky has made a few more cakes and has had the help of some very high spirited fairies................

Blessings for a day filled with magical fairy encounters!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed May 17, 2017 8:51 am

Thrums Cottage, Belchamp Otten, Essex, UK. Photo by Bruce Hatton.

Good morning. Dobby, a slice of that lovely in-the-pink-potion-imbued cake alongside some scrambled eggs, plus a mug of coffee will be perfect, please.

Here's to a healthy, healing, restored vim and vigor kind of day...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed May 17, 2017 10:32 am

Darling cottage. ..I can just hear Larry's cry of horror if I ever dared... Laughing Laughing
I love it.

Another set of beautiful cakes. Edible Art is the best. And such a pretty, glittery, fairy.
Our neighbors had lilies of the valley along their northern exposure. I always thought the flowers were cups for fairies.

Hot, hot, hot, yesterday. Today's much nicer. Loads to do.

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed May 17, 2017 3:10 pm

Morning all

Great cottage Always, like Maxie I could so live there but hubby would run far far away, hmmmmm there are days!

Hecate I love lilies of the valley they were always my favorite flower for May baskets when I was younger and the fragrance wow, all the fairies really liven up the area flitting around not sure they are Alberforth's favorite creature, but he does look different with them round him, maybe it is wellllll! Thanks for all the great cakes and such think I'll have a slice of the pepper up one and and maybe Dobby can get me a mug of mulled cider perfect!

It poured rain, hailed, thunder and lightening all night last night thought it was going to blow the house down just really glad I didn't have plants in my garden yet they would have been mush, chilly this morning so think this evening is a soup night!

Missy sounds like you have things on the mend, hope you and hubby come through all the test and such with flying colors, hugs dear!,

MMD thinking of you,hugs dear!

Karentia sounds like you are getting things in priority, sometimes we have to do what is really important and let the rest go, hugs dear!

Have a super day all, think I am actually going to live, wasn't sure for a while there, I do love breathing!

Fire for a bit, then we will see!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Wed May 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Hi Everyone,
 I am better. Haven't spit up any blood for 2 weeks now. Will talk to the Dr next week.
Glad maxecat, samtibbs and missypotter are better too. Hope you feel better Karentia.
  Thanks for the good wishes Hecate and all.
          Always sent her potions.
Lordy, what a mess our country is in! Hope it gets straightened out!

Nice that your garden is growing maxecat. Also samtibbs, glad your projected garden didn't get pummeled in the rain.

Have a good week.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu May 18, 2017 1:31 am

Yeah, Hecate, it is never fun to accept I am aging.  Poo.  But I also have not been in the gym, at all, since I got back from Orlando.  I barely went before.  I need to get back in the water, it did revitalize me.  It is my element.  I will regain energy, muscle, and stamina by going back, and lose a bit around my middle as well. 

I had a nice lunch with 2 elders today!  I picked up another sweet lady, Demetra (yes, she is very Greek!), to take her with Mary to Chinese for lunch.  Demetra and I each had a bowl of their egg drop soup (delicious!), and I ordered chicken chow mein to split for us to take home.  She had mentioned liking chow mein.  Mary had her combo meal with deep fried prawns.  So we each had leftovers!  It was a little more work taking 2 ladies who are both 94 out, but so much more fun.  I'm sorry to say that Mary was so competitive over knowing me, and her life sounded busier or better, but it just made her look smaller to me.  Demetra is so much more gracious, has a better memory at this point, has more family than Mary, and has worked and lived all over, including moving to Greece for a while with her husband, sussing out retiring to it or not.  I'm glad they moved back.  But we had a good day out!  

Came home for a nap, then to see Ross.  He agrees I need to go workout, pool time it is.  Its down to that old saying, a body in motion stays in motion.  And this body stopped moving.  Ugh. 

It was a decent day, the weather has at least warmed to the 50's and low 60's for now.  Wet or dry.  

MMD so glad to hear that you are improving!  Each step at a time.  Hope you get some better guidance from your next doc visit.

Oh, Samtibbs, so glad you had not planted yet!  They would have been pounded into the mud!  Yikes.  Take your time, since you have been feeling better, want you to continue that way!

I did look out onto the patio, my sedums have survived, and the rose is all floppy.  Nothing else has survived.  I will think about picking up some violas, I'd love to dry some to use, instead of buying the dried, pressed flowers.

I love the pink cot, Always!  Sweet!  

I'm sending some positive vibes to the Universe for a friend - her daughter is Morgan's 'sister', and the grandmother passed away a week ago.  Well, she lived with her mother, and the family owned the house (by that I mean the ex-husband).  She has been given a month and a half to move out.  Ugh.  I hope she can find something for her next part of life, that fits, and is nice.  

I'll listen to some fairy music to drift off to sleep...  Hugs & healing thoughts...
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum