Hog's Head

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jul 09, 2017 1:36 pm

Aren't those flowers striking against the grey of the stone house?

I haven't used Photobucket for a long time. Only used it for posting here and when I could no longer do that, I basically forgot to check in on it.
Apparently, I've missed some unwanted drama.

I'm glad there are options available,but I will miss my familiar stores.
And, I may just stay home and repaint my house. Or read magazines about painting houses.

I hope you all are enjoying the same fantastic weather I am. It could not be more divine. Clear skies, mild temps, exquisite breeze that stirs up all sorts of smells from the garden. It's so nice, I've almost forgiven the deer...one of whom we caught last night as we came up the drive. There she was...by the garage side garden sniffing around . Brazen!

I've hung molded seed bells up for the cardinals and blue jays..they love it, but the heat softens the gelatin and after a few days the whole thing slides off the stick and ends up amongst the flowers.
I've birds zooming in and out of the butterfly bush,seed casings forming a natural mulch and bird song all day.

My emerald hummingbird has a favorite perch...in the branches of a dead rose tree I had dug up and laid on the wheel barrow along with a bang of clippings and trash. Now I can't get rid of the trash without denying little bird his perch. When he's there, he about five feet from our chairs, and we can see his face. How can I displace him?
So the wheelbarrow stays until Fall. I'll look for a substitute for next year.
He'll probably ignore it and choose something else...like Maddie and her box bed. Something she's using at the moment. Laughing cat

Too beautiful a day for house work...a Sherlock marathon instead. thumbs up
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Sun Jul 09, 2017 2:04 pm

Good ideas, Maxie.  A true procrastinator.  Love the little visitor, sorry about the bigger ones.  I guess your only choice if you really want to keep the deer away is another dog.  Not a bad choice.

Lovely here too, sunny and breezy.  But there was a fire just a couple of blocks away overnight, and the whole building here smells of smoke.  Not sure what the business was, but it is gone, possibly a house or two as well.  Next to the railroad tracks.  Sad.  

Love the pictures of the Isle of Skye.  Always had a pull from there, after reading a book by Phyllis K Whitney when I was younger.  Seeing that video on the heels of the original listing post?  Oy, sent me into orbit!  And also hearing the bagpipes playing 'Amazing Grace' from yesterday's Highland Games, that a friend posted - *sigh*.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jul 09, 2017 3:24 pm

I saw your scary fire posts, Karentia. I worry my brother's region is going to start. They had a wet Spring but it's been so dry and extremely hot for months. There're acres of dry country/mountain side that could blaze up.
Hope your smoke clears quickly. It's always so heavy and irritating.

Funny you should mention a dog. We were discussing that a few days ago. If I stay home, we may get one. Not sure how Queenie will take it. Pros and cons. Bear was so easy and so much a part of our lives. Hard act to follow even after 9 years. Meantime, a motion activated light will have to be mounted outside.
Maybe a scarecrow? Stuffed with dog hair?

Phyllis Whitney? Think I've read most of her books. She's the one who introduced me to Butchart Gardens.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Sun Jul 09, 2017 8:48 pm

Good evening to all,

Guess what I just heard????  Christmas in July starts on Friday at two pm on the Hallmark channel.......Heaven!!  That should keep me happy for the week and put me into the 'spirit' of things.  Fa, la, la, la,......la!

Maxecat, you tickled me again,......thinking of you reading magazines of painting houses instead of actually doing it....Just think of all the possibilities that could be done....especially when it's all done just on the paper of the magazine.  A lot less effort on your part too.

Was hoping that Rebekah would stop by today but it's sort of late for that to happen now.

Wishing everyone a happy healthy upcoming week.

Blessings for a great evening!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Jul 09, 2017 10:16 pm

Oh, Hecate....I've read more diet books then ever started a diet.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:17 am

Lolz, me too, Maxie, me too.  

Scarecrow covered in dog hair - hair raising experience?  Well, having a dog to keep you company is awesome!  Just have to wait and see.  

Yes, they were close, but the smoke was gone by the time I got to work, never saw anything, just smelled it, all day.  I sent an email to everyone, in case they missed it on Facebook.  I drove past it on the way home, small detour.  The house by the tracks is pretty much ruined, but standing, a chunk of the roof and attic floor is gone.  Behind it I guess was an auto shop, private?  Not sure.  It was well hidden by trees, I never knew it was back there.  The metal building is a heap of charred and melted bits.  They were still sifting and cleaning up the area, the street still blocked off, just the Burlington Fire crew left.  Originally had Sedro-Woolley and Mt. Vernon too.  Very scary videos!  

Love to all, want to get up early to swim before work - that addiction kicked back in fast!  Love that pool time!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:30 am

Katie's Cottage, Glendale, Isle of Skye, Scotland. Photo by Wilderness Cottages.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a frosty mug of iced tea, and a banana nut muffin, please.

Gotta get myself moving to take my morning walk before it warms up too much. I am ready for Christmas in July... at least the cool weather part of it!!

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortable, energized day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 1:44 pm

Morning all

Glad to hear you have options Maxie, even better you don't feel pressured to act on all of them at once, nice to know you have a place for your hummer to rest don't blame you for not getting rid of the twigs,shame on the deer for munching on your sun flowers, too bad you can't find a way to scare them back to the woods, hope you have a great week, hugs dear!

Hecate how nice Christmas in July, you will have lots to watch now, enjoy! Tell Bekkah hello from all of us, and give her a big hug, is she liking Her new job? Hugs to you and all your angels, hope each day is a bit less painful!

Karentia glad the fire wasn't any worse still scarry and tragic for the owners, nice you can get pool time enjoy some for all of us, have a great day dear , hugs!

Always love all the cottages keep them coming, hugs dear!

They are showing America in Legos at the mall pretty neat here is the Washington monument

Will try and post some of the others as well!

Hello to MMD, missy, muggleborn, shrivelfig Weesa and who ever else drops by, hope you all are staying cool it has been really hot around here, hugs to one and all!

samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:28 pm

America in Legos? That's a lot of Legos! The oversized ones or regular, do you know?
I haven't been to a mall in such a long time; wonder if anything fun is happening at the various malls around Lexington.

Funny thing about the new job situations. ...more comments have been made about my availability than Larry's becoming their boss. Apparently, they grew accustomed to having me around for inventory and other disasters. Maybe something can be worked out. Not going to push it.

Goodness, it's hot and humid. And still no AC. Sigh. But, it cools at night,so in awhile it won't be so bad.

What a treat...my dear husband has made us Sante Fe chicken pasta. Veggies, walnuts,pesto,cheese ....even tasty without the chicken. My favorite of his dishes.
Signing off to indulge.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Mon Jul 10, 2017 6:38 pm

On July 3rd, my mom and I were driving to her house when we were rear-ended by another car! Shocked We were driving at a fairly slow speed at night and the person in front of us slowed. We had time to break and slow down but then heard a screech behind us as we went forward. We were both in the front wearing our seat belts and didn't get hit too hard. Neither of us had to go to the hospital and no injuries. Just shaken up a bit. Don't know about the person(s) who hit us.

There isn't a shoulder on that road; just tall grass and weeds so we drove a little bit till we found a driveway to turn into all the while hearing this scratching noise from the rear. Turns out they knocked the rear bumper almost all the way off and it was dragging on the ground.

Police came pretty quickly and they had the person who hit us. He must have been going at a decent speed to hit us like that even though we were going on the slow side.

Went to where the police had the car towed to empty out the car before it got taken to the repair shop. We could finally see the full extent of the damage. They hit us on the right side and crushed the frame there. I don't know that it will be worth fixing the frame.

The car is 10 years old and my mom has been thinking about getting a new car but this is not the way she wanted to do it. She has a Honda CR-V but wants to get the new Honda CR-V Touring edition with all the safety features.

We need to get the other's person insurance information so we can start making a claim.

Hope everyone else is well.
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Mon Jul 10, 2017 7:47 pm

Hello all

The legos are mostly the small ones, that Washington monument is nearly 25' tall and took several days to complete here is another one

Shrivelfig hope you can get your car situation fixed no fun getting in a wreck, hugs dear
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:01 pm

Wow....don't have the patience.

Shrivelfig...you've had some bad luck with vehicles lately. Hopefully, that's over and you can start fresh.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:25 pm

Thankfully, we weren't seriously injured like my BiL was last year. Still don't understand how his accident happened and he still doesn't remember anything.

I forgot to post some photos of the car. These were taken a few days later so they pushed the bumper back into place but you can see the damage done to the right rear frame above the bumper.

And my birthday is coming up and is in 8 days. thumbs up cheers

Last edited by shrivelfig on Mon Jul 10, 2017 9:26 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot a word. Whoops.)
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Jul 11, 2017 11:38 am

Cottage on Upper Loch Torridon near Shieldaig, Scotland. Photo by Scotland Info Guide.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll go with a tall, cold butterbeer and a couple of cauldron cakes today, please.

Shrivelfig... Ouch! affraid Glad you're all okay.

Samtibbs... Amazing LEGO work!

Maxe... Glad to have others recognize your skills! Hope you can work out something that benefits everyone.

Here's to a healthy, healing, comfortably cool day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:05 pm

Thanks,Always.
I saw this cute photo of Willow on Facebook. Such a photogenic girl....dreaming Aloha.
I'd join her in a New York minute.

I learned today a long time online friend from Maui passed away over the weekend. Never mentioned any illness. I had met her in 2006 at a swap meet and she had a marvelous collections of crystals and Chakra work. I found a Lemuria crystal wand that absolutely vibrated when I held it.
She contributed some lovely art and inspirational quotations through her website.
She was a right light in the world and I'll miss her work.

We have AC! So, of course, it's cooling down with rain coming. But, at least the conditioned air has taken down the horrid swelling in my feet,hands and face. I don't need to, but I can make a fist again .

Summer....love being thawed out, but,gee. ...do I have to retain every ounce of fluid in everything I consume? Does anyone else fight this? Would love some help,other than diuretics.

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Jul 11, 2017 3:20 pm

Maxie, eat watermelon.  Take B-6, 100 mcg.  Start with 1 a day.  After a week, if it's not working hard enough, add a second.  Watermelon should be eaten daily.  Avoid salt and prepackaged foods, and I know you don't do a lot of drive thru foods, but really avoid them.  This is my routine - but I take 3 B-6 a day.  And yes, ac is your friend.  The pool time seems to also help me more than I expected.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:48 pm

The pool has always helped me...I think it's a response to the water pressure. ...I'll certainly try the B 6,though vitamins can be irritating to my stomach. And I love melons.
No processed food? Laughing Laughing Laughing ...it's probably my downfall. .not so much fast foods but things like cheese, crackers, cookies, Snickers....you get it.

I will try to eat cleaner and see if I get results.

Won't be cleared to use the public pool until 2 weeks following the second surgery,so this Summer's a wash put when it comes to water exercise, though I will ask if there is any way I could protect my healing eyes in the water. It's not like I'd be swimming with my face in the water.

Dreary day... feeling ornery.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Jul 11, 2017 8:44 pm

I always take my supplements with meals, if that helps.

Been lazy all day.  Not sure what I'm going to wear berry picking tomorrow.  Probably some exercise shorts... Was supposed to do laundry, but it's Tuesday.  Naps happen.

Happy Birthday to Missy Potter!  Have a fabulous day with your tiara on!  Gift for you on the bar.  Hugs!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 11, 2017 10:37 pm

There were some nice family  photos of missypotter and her family on Facebook  today. Lots of good wishes for her special day. queen flower Like a Star @ heaven

Last edited by Maxecat on Wed Jul 12, 2017 10:07 am; edited 1 time in total
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:45 am

Good evening to all,

Oh my goodness! Please forgive me MissyPotter, I remembered your B-day on Saturday but when I awoke today the thoughts were all gone and out of my head. Please accept my belated birthday gifts........................ Here is a bouquet of some of your favorite flowers, and of course a vintage card along with a cake just for you.........................

Oh, I almost forgot, here is your magical wishing well to make you special wish on you special day.....................

Lovely picture of Willow, she would make a wonderful advertisement for a cruse to Hawaii.

Maxecat, my legs are so swollen but it's not from the heat, it's just because they aren't up high enough in the recliner.  All I can do is take the water pills when they get too bad, especially the left one.  Stay cool now that you have it.

Blessings for a cooling spell for all of us!  Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Jul 12, 2017 8:40 am

Good morning... and a belated Happy Birthday to Missyp! I've brought in another cake for the day-late party... this one has a time turner in it so that the wishes will have happened at the proper time!

Here's to a healthy, healing, happy, wholesome day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed Jul 12, 2017 9:16 am

Morning all

Missy even though I wished you a happy birthday on fb, I repeat the good wishes and add one of the magic bubbles for you make a wish, pop it and enjoy! This is your week may all your dreams come true!

Shrivelfig if there is frame damage it nearly always is best to start fresh with a new car, they usually can't repair the damage successfully, good luck, hope this is the end to your car problems and it will be all up from here!

Yep I hate the swollen legs if I don't get up and move around mine feel like sausages, worse yet is the swollen feet, keep hoping for cooler weather to help eliviate it, I am not a fan of the super hot weather for sure, yesterday was nice only 92 but it is supposed to be getting hotter again and be around 105 by Saturday yuck, I'm tired of super summer already!

Always Willow is such a show kitty, too cute, love her aloha look, hope you can stay cool, hugs dear!

Maxie I just know you will find the perfect thing for you, the right amount of fun, finances, and flair! Hugs dear!

Karentia hope all continues well for you, hugs dear!

MMD hope you are okay and staying cool, hugs dear!

Have a great day all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Jul 12, 2017 12:37 pm

What's the saying about luck? If it's not bad luck,it's no luck at all...

Even after the official announcement and paperwork filled out....another person is taking Larry's new position. Someone without even store manager experience, a hire from outside the company.

No explanation, but Larry's been asked to work with another district manager who's in trouble. He'll get paid millage,but no raise,company car,extra vacation,or official position.
Personally, I think the regional director is partly testing his reaction. .to see if he's a whiner, or complainer. A loyalty test,maybe.
Unfair or no,he's accepting the assignment. And can still work one day in his own store, so at least that won't fall apart. And I'll be able to work in our district. Still, I hurt for his disappointment. The way it's being handled doesn't seem very professional.

We've had worse things happen. Think we going on a dinner date tonight.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Jul 13, 2017 1:37 am

Maxie, that just sucks swamp water.  He sure is getting jerked around.  I hate company politics.  It can also be a bit of age discrimination.  Not knowing how old the person who got the position, can't say for sure.

Well chalk up another win for Ross & me.  Figured out my feet swelling issue, and the shoulder pain, and the right hip/leg issues - all tied to the heart meridian.  Mine was just plain choked up, full, not flowing at all.  He showed me the point, just below the sternum, by a few inches.  Yup, sore.  So over the last week I have been pressing it when I have shoulder issues, or leg issues.  The meridian is finally flowing!  And my feet are normal sized!  Even with a salty breakfast sandwich.  Phew!  

Morgan, her friend Jess, and Jess's mom went to my special campsite to pick berries today.  Already cleaned out.  Glad I have some still in the freezer, but I got 3 cups blues, and 2 short cups of the reds, huckleberries.  The others got some, we were all over the place.  They are using the berries to make pie.  And they have raspberry bushes!  They will trade berries for jam!  Yay!  Her mom is sweet, very much a baker, and seamstress.  Our daughters think we will be fast friends.  I'll keep my opinion to myself for now.

I did have to bug out, since I did have the appointment with Ross, wanted a shower, really bad.  But it was very nice to get out in the forest, semi civilized (porta loos), and contained in a 3 acre campsite.  They went to check out further up the road, then have lunch.  I grabbed the watermelon left over, and cheese sticks.  Don't want to be too full before therapy.

Oh, not sure if I mentioned Richard before, my neighbor?  He fell last week, the 3rd?  Was on the floor for a few days.  He was found there, not sure by who, and taken to the hospital.  He is home now, and I went with my other neighbor, Roger, to check on him.  He needed some assistance with cleaning up some broken glass (broke his glass coffee table), and taking out garbage.  I asked if he needed anything from the store (all his food was rotten), he mentioned not eating in 5 days, only having water.  Pretty sure he had been hallucinating when he was on the floor, but not sure when he had eaten last - I offered to go get Ensure from the store for him.  He gave me cash & I grabbed 2 6packs for him.  I programmed my number in his phone, told him he could text me a list if I didn't answer the phone, I could shop for him.  He will need to get himself more active.  He said he hasn't been very nice, and was so surprised at how nice we were being to him - that is what neighbors do, I told him.  Neither Roger or I would take cash for helping him, it's just what you do, right?  

I know he was hallucinating, he kept saying his son from Vancouver BC had come in, a few times, left him on the floor, stole some things.  Nothing was stolen, his bank account was fine.  He said a lady from the local mental health office called the paramedics.... I don't know about that, I just came home that day and there were the paramedics.  Not sure he is any clearer yet, he needs that protein.  I'll check on him tomorrow.  If you could add him to your prayers, I'd sure appreciate it.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Jul 13, 2017 4:56 am

Good evening to all,

What a bummer Maxecat!!!.  I agree that this might be a test for him, but he shouldn't just stay silent.  He should state what he thinks in a positive way as to not belittle anyone or as you said make it sound like he's whining about it. Maybe ask what credentials or experience the other person has for the position that Larry would need to make the position a solid one for him. Don't think I stated that quite right, but I think you get what I was trying to say.  At least you have got your position back again.

Good to know that you have found a way to get rid of the swelling Karentia, and will send some energizing thoughts to your neighbor.  Oh, I don't know exactly where she gets it, maybe walmart or sam's club, but Laurene gets me some energy drink just like Ensure called Equate for $2.50 less a six pack, and I definitely give it my stamp of approval.....it tastes just a good as the other.  Don't know about the strawberry or vanilla but the chocolate is great!  In fact I'm going to have one now just before going to sleep.

Samtibbs,  Is this the magical bubble that you used to post?  If so, and you no longer have it because of this facebook thing,  all you have to do is right click on it and click....'save image as' and you can download it to your picture file.  Here it is if you'd like it.................

Anyway, here it is for MissyPotter to 'pop' for her birthday.

Blessings for blue skies, cool temperatures, and soft breezes!  Hecate3fold!    
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Page 10 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum