Hog's Head

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Hog's Head

Post  Karentia on Mon Jul 17, 2017 5:28 pm

No time to read, will be back later.

Richard is doing much better, and going to the Dr tomorrow.  He agreed it was small TIA type stroke, he thinks.  Will find out soon.

Dancing was fun, I didn't dance, but watched some good, some bad, some indifferent.  And my friends were there dancing!  We spent the day mostly together, then went to dinner.  Wonderful.  Will say more later.

Hugs!

Good evening!  Like the lighthouse bent you've taken us on, Always.  I adore lighthouses!  I have pinned many from around the world.    Fun eagle event!

Pretty butterfly bush!  Your patio is much more inviting than mine right now.  Only things growing are weeds, and my surviving sedums.  

The event is going away because it just isn't supported enough financially by vendors and people taking workshops.  It costs to rent the park and rec center.  We had about half the vendors, from previous years.  Maybe.  One comes from California, another from Wenatchee, the rest from all over Western Washington.  It is very sad.  There was a lot of love flowing between old friends.  Many thanks to the Babs, they carried this for a long time.

I was able to buy coins, a gorgeous medallion with chains and bells, buttons, music, little odds and ends.  I haven't taken them out of the bag yet.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:13 am

Good evening to all,

It was wonderful last night, so cool almost chilly. I ended up with two fleece throws to keep me warm, but unfortunately tomorrow it's supposed to hit ninety again, Oh well, I'll get through the heat again like I have before. Still enjoying Christmas in July on the Hallmark channels. The movie channel ones are over, just the regular channel left. I've added another movie to my favorites list, called Operation Christmas, with Marc Blucas and Tricia Helfer......never heard of either of them before.

Not going to tell the story line but it did strike a cord with me as to who 'real' American heroes are, the men and women in the armed forces 'special services' who's units are on call 24/7 to be deployed for whatever dangerous mission that comes up to protect our country. The fellow who plays the lead male role nailed what that means without having to make himself look like anything more than just another regular guy. Very impressed with how he handled it.

Going to try and get some sleep tonight, even though it was beautifully cool I hardly slept at all last night, and have been up for most of the day.

Blessings for a day of new and happy adventures for everyone! Hecate3fold!

Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Jul 18, 2017 9:44 am

Belle Tout Lighthouse B&B, Eastbourne, East Sussex. Photo by Historic UK.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall iced coffee, and a bowl of Wheetabix with almond milk, please.

Karentia... Glad you're enjoying the lighthouse cottages (yes, all are also cottages, mostly holiday rentals). They seem somehow appropriate for summer weather.

Hecate... I've watched a couple of the Christmas in July films as well... cooling on a warm day! Mainly though I've been binge watching TCM's star of the month films-- Ronald Colman. I've dvr'd them and have been viewing when time permits. He was such an elegant and excellent actor! And yes, his picture is on my gallery wall (though I never met him... I was only 9 when he died but was already a fan).

Maxe... Yes. One thing that that "social media" has developed into is a being sounding board for whining, trolling, and otherwise juvenile behavior wrapped up in a major lack of manners. There are still plenty of decent folks out there, but it often seems the loudmouths are dominating the net. Life was certainly more civil in the "write a letter" days!

Here's to a healthy, healing, happy, wholesome day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:06 am

I still love writing notes, if not long letters. I do love social media for the ease and speed of keeping in touch.  And for sending out legitimate alarms or warnings, it can't be beat. But,boy,  the trolls and mischief  makers can make life miserable.
Thank Heaven for kitty/puppy /panda videos to balance the angst.

For something so practical, there's something quite romantic about a lighthouse, but  then, I'm drawn to the sea.

I can't remember when I was first  made aware of Ronald Colman  but I'm a huge fan,too. Random Harvest might be my favorite but I can't  reread Lost Horizon, without hearing  his beautiful voice. Prisoner of Zenda is fun,too. So many great supporting characters. I'm delighted he's part of TCM's star celebration.

I treated myself  to the first  four seasons  of the rebooted Doctor Who. Larry's  thrilled I've given up space on the dvr. I'm totally enjoying the special features and video  diaries.  Watching wonderfully professional actors unable to get through a scene,or tripping over themselves, like real people. ...Cyber men playing football or swinging at a playground. ..sets me up for the day.

Does anyone else like back stories for film or books as much as I do?

I have Got to get moving..,the dreaded, boring, housework calls.

Hecate, I hope you find a sleep /wake balance that suits your needs.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 18, 2017 12:32 pm

Especially for Hecate and Weesa who don't use Facebook. Found this online and joked how I like finding new and interesting things for the garden.
The Godzilla crushing gnomes was funny enough, but adding the soldiers just cracked me up.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:31 pm

Hi Everyone,
It has been hot (90+) and humid (for Southern Calif), and smoggy. Awful really.
I sleep too much. Most of my pills just knock me out.
We didn't have a car for almost a week. In this hot weather, the air conditioner went out. Cost about $1000 to fix it. Neutral I feel broke.
I have a Facebook account. It has it's problems, but I like it. Many of my relatives and some friends are on it, and it is the only way I hear from them.
Sorry about the job disappointments maxecat. These bosses sound dumb.
Love the pictures Hecate and Always.
Glad you had fun at your event Karentia. Sorry it is going away. Your local events sound interesting Always.
Hi also to samtibbs, missypotter, muggleborn, Weesa and everyone.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:37 pm

Quick stop this evening. Went to the eye doctor this afternoon and in his words my prescription "needs to be tweaked a bit". Note a lot of screen time or book time he says until the new specs come in. So with any luck I'll be able to get back into things at the beginning of next week. Until then hope everyone has a great week and weekend.
Almost forgot I love the GodIlla.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:56 pm

Hope you find some relief,soon,Magical Music Dreamer. We were without cool air for a month,with a little relief coming at night.
Was glad to work.
Our repairs were less expensive than yours....but I'm not sure his work will last. Not sure if his work is good or creative.

It's hard to function if you're both hot and affected by medications. I understand more than ever why people in South Florida had summer homes in the Carolina mountains, if they could afford them.

Would it be possible to move to Northern California?

Larry started working with the struggling District Manager, yesterday and had a very productive day. He found out the decision to replace him at the last minute came from someone higher up. Out of the region,for reasons unknown...and there's been a lot of negative talk about it..all in Larry's favor. Even Human Resources has voiced disapproval.

The guy coming in doesn't seem committed to moving closer to the district. I doubt he'll work out. He's woefully unprepared for the holiday season...next four months are nothing but Halloween,Harvest,Thanksgiving and Christmas. We dread it and most of us have seen at least three years of it...not there months.

Larry's cool. He gets his paychecks...and it's on record he was screwed and didn't complain about it.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:49 am

Good evening all,

Wow! That's a lot to fix an air conditioner Magical Music Dreamer. Is that central air? The important thing is that you have the cooling air because you do need it like I do. Stay cool, and sleep when you have to. Sleep does help to heal the body. Oh I read an interesting article about cats the other day and I think you may be interested in this part of it. It had to do with why cats purr. Science has found that cats purr at a frequency of 26 hertz which happens to be the same frequency that drs. have found to promote healing to bones and body tissue. That vibration seems to have a magical quality to it. I wonder what different frequencies the strings of your harp vibrate at. They said that it may be the reason a cat will be found purring even though it has been injured or will curl up on it's owners lap if it knows they are not well.

Love the Godzilla statue Maxecat, very creative thinking. Thanks for the update on what is happening with the Dollar General soap opera. That is what it seems to be turning into. A definite mess for sure, but Larry will prevail. Reminds me of the old adage .....slow and steady wins the race.....Larry might be a tortoise but he will definitely win the race.

Laurene loves lighthouses too, in fact she has one tattooed on her left shoulder. It was a birthday gift from Jeff several years ago. Speaking of Laurene, she is asleep on the other recliner. When she left here today she was going to meet an old schoolgirl friend of her's at a bar close by here. Well around nine the door opens in she comes back in and said...."I don't think I should try to drive home". Glad she didn't, she was in no condition to do so. She doesn't have to be anywhere in the morning so she can just spend the rest of the night.

Weesa, hopefully the drs. will get the lenses right this time and you can feel free to be on line as much as you like.

Great that you were able to find all of the coins that you were looking for Karentia. Are they going to be used for more bra tops?

Well I've rambled long enough, going to shut things down and get some sleep. I did get about four hours of good solid sleep last night....felt great.

Blessings for a bubbly, bouncing hump day! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  shrivelfig on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:53 am

Today was my birthday.

I wrote a long post about what was happening in the morning but it looks like it didn't get posted for some reason.  Mad

It wasn't the best birthday. A lot of things went wrong and we didn't even get to unwrapping presents. We'll do that tomorrow.

Was woken up at 6:30 AM by a screaming match between my sister and BiL. Didn't know what to do since it was pretty loud and the dogs were so scared they came into my bedroom so I called my mom. She said the best thing to do was probably stay out of it so I did. Finally, it was quiet again. Not sure what the argument was about.

Eventually, we all fell back asleep. My sister has been running around and sick so hadn't wrapped all my presents yet and wanted to finish that before we went out to dinner. I didn't know if my Bil was going to dinner or not after the way he was acting this morning but he did. Something is going on with him but we don't know what. He's having an episode and spending most of the day and night out with his friends helping them.

I had a doctor's appointment yesterday and of course he had to go help a friend in the morning who ran out of gas and wasn't back when we needed to leave. So my sister called his mother and she drove us to my appointment. Nice part was she took us out to lunch. She said he's always seen things in a black and white matter and was confrontational. She said sometimes she just had to leave the room when he got that way, I don't know if it is part of the bi-polar or not.

Since my mom still doesn't have a car or rental since our car accident, we had to go pick her up and my birthday cake. My BiL ran off to his friend's house because he thought he left his wallet there and he left at the very last minute. So me sister calls the restaurant and asks if we could move the reservation from 7:30 pm to 8. They said yes and that we had a 15 minute window. The Marble Slab that made my cake was just down the street and we needed to pick it up by 8:46 PM. So my sister also asked the restaurant if we brought over the ice cream cake could they put it in the freezer and they said yes.

We left later then we wanted to because we were waiting for my BiL to come back with the car. Then we had to go pick up mom and the presents she had for me. My sister and BiL dropped me and my mom off at the restaurant while they picked up the cake.  We just made it but said they couldn't seat us till our whole party arrived. So we had to wait. Called my sister to let her know and she said the cake was wrong but it still should be good. My mom filled out the on-line form for the cake and if they have any questions, they will contact you. Turns out they did have a question and tried to text my mom about it but got wrong number. I'm sure my mom did not give them her cell phone number so they tried the land line.

Fondue takes a long time to eat. We were the very last people to leave the restaurant. I think it was after 11 PM by the time we got back to the apartment. My sister still had presents to finish wrapping. We decided to just have some cake and do presents tomorrow since it was getting so late. Then we discovered that the ice cream part of the cake on the the top had shifted a few inches off of the cake.

Just about everything that could go wrong, went wrong. Dinner was very good and my BiL behaved himself. We'll do presents tomorrow. My mom thought my birthday was on a Wednesday instead of Tuesday so one of my presents that she ordered will be arriving tomorrow anyway.

My sister is very upset that so many things went wrong and feels like it's all her fault. Some of it is my BiL's fault since he started the fight this morning and then made us late. We also had to change plans. My mom meant to check on the cake but never did.

Hopefully, tomorrow will be a better day.

Last edited by shrivelfig on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : missing word)
shrivelfig

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:01 am

Maybe we can give you a nicer birthday  today ,shrivelfig.  It's always frustrating when you're not in control of the chaos swirling about you.

Anyway, as an adult,you can have as many celebrations as you want regarding your birthday.

Hecate, it was great Laurene  chose a sleepover. I'm glad you got a chuckle over Godzilla.  I see it's available, along with some other silly ones, on Amazon. ..but the addition of the army? Whoever did that is one of My people....obviously needs supervision at all times.

I suppose there's some drama in most organizations (I know the school system was a hot bed of gossip and intrigue ) but steady Larry keeps rolling on. He's had an instant connection with the man he's working with and they  seem to have developed a "good cop /bad cop" approach to inspiring immediate action amongst the managers.  He's  the "good" one.
Anyway, he finds the job intellectually interesting and he's off his feet.
Win win. And I get to hear different stories.

He bounces  ideas off me while we sit on the patio watching  the hummingbirds.
Last evening, the fawns slept in the cluster of pine trees in the back while  mama and aunties nibbled grass about  30 feet from  us. Haha. ..the one sunflower was a snack for the birds. ..none for you!

It's great when a hot day cools quickly without humidity. We've had some lucky days like that.

Looks like a beautiful day today.  I have some banking to do which  might take some time. Getting ready to do some much needed repairs around  the house. When the neighbors see new garage doors and fresh shutters, the rumors about moving will start again. Small towns. ..when there's no news, they'll make some  Laughing

Better head off to get this started.  Love to all and I hope you all have a splendid day.

Oh, shrivelfig. ..I don't think you really need to enter a reason for an edit.  I edit all the time because of a mistake I catch. I think the idea for a reason to edit is really for moderators. If they  needed to delete or edit a post from someone else, they could offer an explanation.

Last edited by Maxecat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:09 am; edited 2 times in total
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:04 am

Landward Lighthouse (holiday cottage), Start Point Near Hallsands, Kingsbridge, Devon, UK. Photo by Rural Retreats.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have a tall iced vanilla coffee and a bowl of oatmeal topped with butter and raisins, please.

Shrivelfig... Happy belated Birthday! Here's a magically charmed cake filled with well wishes...

MMD... Hot weather is no fun. Sorry about the a/c...

Maxe... Love the Godzilla and Gnomes (and the icing on the cake... the military men)! Looks like something Walt would have loved adding to our garden! Very Happy

Weesa... Glad things are smoothing out glasses-wise!

Here's to a healthy, healing, pleasant, comfortable day for all...

Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Jul 19, 2017 9:13 am

Now, that's a good start to a party. Cake for breakfast.

Always, I know....it's such a simple, silly, totally juvenile image. I love it.

Beautiful sight, Devon
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed Jul 19, 2017 2:12 pm

Morning all

Happy birthday shrivelfig hope you have a wonderful day, here is a magic bubble for you, make a wish, pop the bubble and enjoy!

Maxie glad Larry is dealing with the results, it does seem he has a steady outlook on life, here's hoping he gets rewarded for his efforts! Funny about the deer, guess ours are better fed cause the wild sunflowers are growing like crazy around here, think about you every time I see them! Hugs dear!

Hecate nice you can offer Laurene a place to stay, I'm sure she appreciates it, love all the Picts hugs dear!

MMD too bad about the a/c hopefully this will be the last repair you need this summer, hope it cools down soon, hugs dear!

Karentia glad you had a chance to see the final hurrah of the dance crew, and that you got some new coins and such, hope you are doing well, my blackberries are starting to ripen yumm, have a great day, hugs dear!

Always love the lighthouses they are so unique, all sorts of commotion regarding the new dr, guess time will tell, the eagle festival sounds like fun, hugs dear!

Weesa hope your new glasses do the trick, hugs dear!

Missy hugs dear we miss you!

Dobby would love a tuna salad, and a glass of lemonade please, perfect, thank you !

Will be out on the deck enjoying the breeze, have a great day all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Wed Jul 19, 2017 4:44 pm

Good morning!  Ha, slept in late, not on purpose, but guess I needed it.  Had a good workout in the pool last night, tried to do a deep water class.  Gracefully bowed out when my heart rate went up to high, not safe at that point.  I have a hard time making myself take the calmer version.  Walked for another 20 minutes in the shallow end.

Maxie, I loved that Godzilla!  Have friends who collect gnomes, I gave them a zombie gnome.  They loved it!  Ha.  Great feedback from the company!  Glad to hear everything is going well as can be.  Slow and steady wins the race.  

Weesa glad it's just a new RX, and not something more complicated.  See you soon!

Shrivlefig Happy Birthday!  Glad you could have your second party with us!  Yup, we all take a week for our birthdays around here.  There is a gold box with Aberforth for you, Godiva chocolates - tap the box with your wand, it will turn them into your favorite truffles!

Hecate sending cooler thoughts your way!  Glad Laurene crashed with you!  Hugs!

MMD wait, was that ac in your house?   Or your car?  It is beyond where I can check, sorry.  Yikes, that is frustrating either way.  Glad it is fixed now.  I saw a unit on fb, that is part of a kick starter campaign, for a personal account unit.  Showed it being used outside even.  Battery powered?  But I'm sure you could get a small fan and a bowl of ice for much cheaper.  Hugs and cooling thoughts for you too.

Samtibbs, was thinking of you.  My friends at dinner on Saturday, her 2 girls live in Boise!  Did not get where they work, but if a you, skinny gal, named Carolyn, knocks on your door to say hi, she is a good kid.  Her partner is Brie, they are both tiny, and tall.  I think she finished school there, and fell in love with Boise.  Not sure, but I described your house might have a carousel horse in the window - they take their dogs to the park by your place - conversations, they go all over the place!  She is not expecting anything, probably won't knock, but if you get an odd wave, there you go.

Ok, time for a shot, checking out a farmer's market, and a long massage.  Hugs!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:50 pm

Good afternoon ladies! Wow so much has been going on since I last stopped by. I have tried to go through some of the posts and catch up. Maxe, Larry is such a good guy. I hope everyone knows that soon. MMD, I don't know how you function in So Cal without air conditioning, either in your home or your car. Karenita, what a good neighbor you are. And yes, that is what neighbors do. I love you Weesa, hope your new glasses do the trick. Samtibbs was it your mall with the US Lego display? I would like to know which mall, it sounds like something my grandkids could go see.

Well hubby has had both his surgeries and the thyroid is completely out. They are trying to balance his meds now. He is always hot and now oh so tired. Poor guy. It will take a while to get that just right. Cancer treatment will be in September. Apparently they have to wait for something to completely leave his body and then zap him with radioactive stuff. We have had doctor's visits for the past 2 weeks. My birthday came and went uneventfully. I should have checked in here. You all were so kind and remembered!  Hubby's was yesterday and it was full of a trip downtown for his post op and other errands.

Next week is my surgery and I have been having my doctor visits. I don't remember if I mentioned that I had a discharge from my breast and have been undergoing lots of exams, mammograms, ultra sounds. The breast specialist thought she felt a large lump, but it did not show up on any of the diagnostics. She would still like me to meet with the breast surgeon for her opinion. I see my Primary Care in October and think I will wait to talk with her. It only happened once...Also I went off my HRT cold turkey when that happened. BIG mistake. I am back on but will taper slowly. Anyway the surgery can't come fast enough. My knee is so painful. Just a week now...

My son, DIL and grandkids took a great vacation in sort of a circle in Idaho. They hit a water park in Pocatello, went to Yellowstone and the Tetons and Jackson Hole. They camped most of the time. They had so much fun...well all except the baby. A week in a tent and strange places and missing your nap schedule isn't fun when you are one. She is happy to be home. I will try to post a pic or 2.

Well I have to go run errands. I have been on the computer too long trying to catch up on posts and posting now. I miss you all. And yes, the dog days of summer are definitely here. So hard to do anything. Soon I will be tied to my bed for a week.
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:13 am

Good evening all,

So good to hear from you Missy Potter, I'll say one thing for sure, you have everything under control when it comes to having everything scheduled and put together for appointments and getting things done. Good job! Now just finish up on what you need done. I don't feel like there is anything serious wrong with the breast. Just a cyst that drained. Fingers crossed that I'm right. Great pictures of the grand kids, my but they are getting so big! Get rested for when you get your knee over hauled and working right again.

Happy belated birthday Shrivelfig. Hope things get calmed down around your house, people shouldn't have to live with that much stress all of the time.

Samtibbs, How is your garden growing this year.....with silver bells and cockle shells and pretty maids all in a row?? Doing any canning, or just freezing what you harvest?

This last cottage said that it was a 'holiday cottage' and all of a sudden I saw it with colored xmas lights wrapped all around the top of the tower and strung around all of the roofs and outline everything. Spectacular! Would love to see it that way for real.

Would anyone like a muffin?............................

Cornbread muffins............

Apple cinnamon...................

Blueberry.........................

Carrot, cream cheese..................

Bran..........................

Cranberry, walnut..............................

Or some of the mini assorted muffins.....................

Boy, I think Winky outdid herself this time with the baking! Enjoy everyone!

Blessings for a wonderful stress free day for everyone! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Jul 20, 2017 9:01 am

Hartland Point Lighthouse Tower & Keeper's Cottage, Bideford, Devon, UK. Photo by Roger Kidd / Lighthouses For Sale

Good morning. Dobby, those cranberry walnut muffins look great! I'll have one with a soft boiled egg on the side and a tall iced vanilla coffee, please.

Missyp... you and yours are busy bees indeed. Kids are adorable! All the best wellness wishes for you and hubby.

This morning brought a bit of a surprise... unexpected rain! It's not heavy but wasn't in the last forecast I saw. Fine with me! Hopefully the cloud cover will keep it a tad cooler today. I did finish getting all the new pictures framed and incorporated into my "galleries". Have one batch of my brother Paul's cosplay photos to reframe (I bought a "cute" collage frame that just plain didn't work with the pix) and then this round of wall updates will be done for a while... at least until one new piece arrives from the extraordinarily talented caricature artist who does WhoToons. I have one of his works already, and talked to him at Con Kasterborous about a special order. Told him no rush (he had another convention to do), but hopefully it won't be too long! This pic is of the one I bought. He had posted this pic on his Facebook page to show what he was doing for his display at an upcoming convention. I wrote asking if I could buy it after the con, and it's now hanging on the side of the wardrobe by my entry.

Here's to a healthy, healing, joy-filled day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Jul 20, 2017 11:22 am

Missypotter,your  little ones are so cute. Looks like they are having a good Summer.  I'm keeping you and your husband in my prayers. I definitely understand the struggle with the thyroid, though I still have mine. It's so hard to adjust those hormones synthetically.I suppose diabetics know best what that's like.  Our bodies are so complicated; why do we keep forgetting?

One day, one victory at a time.

Would love a corn muffin. Hot with sweet butter melting. ..yum.
Here, it's corn bread, fried or baked. ..no sugar.  For me,no taste. Give me the muffin any day

Tricky about those minis....how does one become a handful  (or two)?

We could use a little rain, too. Overcast today. The plants are a little stressed.

Hope Weesa gets her issues sorted and solved so she can join us more regularly.
Waves hello to the group. Tons to do.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Jul 20, 2017 2:11 pm

Morning all

Missy yes the legos are at the Boisemall until the 23rd of this month, so if they could come over Saturday they could see all of them, hope hubby gets everything regulated, tricky I know, prayers for healing headed his way, looks like the grandkiddos are having a super summer, those parks are wonderful, keeping you in prayers as well, so your surgeries and such work out and you can face the holidays feeling in tip top shape, hugs dear!

Karentia glad you are realizing your limits and not pushing you beyond where you should, so if they stop by I'll introduce them to calliope ,hope you have a super week, hugs dear!

Hecate yummm what a selection when you bake you do it up right! Hugs dear!

Always saw that pict on fb might have known it would find a home with you, loving the lighthouses, send us the rain we could use it, hugs dear!

Maxie I pass a field of sunflowers on my way to fit and fall class,, it is so neat to see their cheery faces,they make me think of you! Hugs dear!

MMD think of you often stay cool, hugs dear!

MJS hope you are coping with the heat and such, take care, stay cool and be safe! Hugs dear!

Dobby a couple of Hecates muffins and a glass of lemonade please, thank you dear!

Stay cool all!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Jul 20, 2017 7:41 pm

Mmmm, corn muffins with hot butter, and honey!  Perfect snack!  Thank you!  And with a frosty butter beer, even better.  We were supposed to get rain.  We got a sprinkle.  I'm sure it was dry within the hour.  Guess I need to water my plants again.  Was hoping for a soaking.  We had such a wet winter, just goes to show the climate change is really on.

Missy P, constant healing thoughts for you and your hubby.  Anyone coming to stay with you two for your recovery?  Day by day for your hubby, and yourself.  Hugs, sweetheart.  The kiddos are adorable!  Having a great time, I see.  Except the baby, yes, that is a tougher schedule for a wee one.  Hope they get to see the Lego exhibit!

Samtibbs, glad I could give you the heads up - they may never knock, I just don't know.  Glad the wild sunflowers are still waving!

Cool picture Always- congrats on getting it!  Love a good caricature artist.   The lighthouse looks like a cool location as well!

Have to admit, doing my projects today, just can't cool off.  Have the back door open for a breeze.  So nice that I don't have any smokers currently clouding the air!  The sister from upstairs got her own apartment in the other building - both in #7.  The gal & kids from upstairs are still housesitting for Grandma - guess she retired and is doing a lot of vacationing!  Must have a bigger or better place than the apartment upstairs.  Ok, back to sewing!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Hecate3fold on Fri Jul 21, 2017 4:09 am

Good evening everyone,

I had a peculiar thing happen today. I had just gotten back from my daily trip to the bathroom, got my chair fixed with fresh pads for when I go potty, sat down and got my feet up, when poof, the electricity went out on the opposite side of the house from where I sit. Now, it's about 96 outside from what I could see on the thermometer by the window, and I'm thinking....who do I call? 911? Jeff?....I called 911 and when the woman answered and I told her the problem she said that they were very busy right now and asked me to hold, then I'm thinking I should have called Jeff or my alderman Bob, he gave me his cell phone number if I had an emergency. Well, when I called him, he was on his volunteer fireman's shift and couldn't help right away. By this time I see a cop coming up the stairs and yelled for him to come in and explained everything to him, and told him where the extra fuses were. Well he did get it fixed in a matter of minutes but he had to take the only other thirty amp fuse from the box for the upstairs apartment, I did't have any extras. When he came back up stairs he told me what he had dones and said he would go get a backup box of fuses for me. I said fine but I don't have any cash here, but take my credit card to pay for it. He said no, it would be compliments of the Berwyn Police department! That was a real surprise! So I called Jeff and Bob back and told them that I was back up and running. Jeff was really befuddled though, he said that there was no reason for that fuse to go out, it never had before. I have no idea if what I think could be true but I'm thinking that it just blew from age. I've never had to change that fuse since I moved down here and that's been seventeen years. It's a mystery, but I'm just glad that it was a quick fix, and not something more complicated, either from faulty wiring, I still have cloth wrapped wiring, or from not being able to get someone here to fix it. Well, that's my entertainment for today, not something I would like to happen on a regular basis but it was a detour from the daily grind.

Tonight I have a taste for an egg salad sandwich, and some fruit compote...................

Here's a grilled cheese and tomato soup, if anyone would prefer that............................

And maybe some deviled eggs, and then for dessert, how about apple strudel or a bagel and cream cheese................

Wish I had about half of these item at hand right now, I could really pig out right now.

Blessings for a beautiful day, from beginning to end! Hecate3fold!
Hecate3fold
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Jul 21, 2017 9:18 am

Tod Head Lighthouse Tower, Davaar Island, UK. Photo by Lighthouses For Sale UK.

Good morning. Dobby, I'll have an iced vanilla latte, plus a grilled cheese sandwich with a deviled egg on the side, please.

Hecate... glad it was a simple fix! "Lumos"

Here's to a healing, healthy, peaceful day for all...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:11 pm

Mmmm, deviled eggs!  Yummy!  Glad I brought some eggs, will have to do that....

Hecate I'm glad the officer was able to help you!  What a sweetheart!  Yes, it can blow from age, but having cloth and tube wiring is a concern.  Nothing you can do.  It would have to be removed and replaced to know it is safe, that would mean removing a lot of walls & such.  $13-20 thousand is a low estimate.  Yikes.  Glad it was an easy fix for now, maybe Jeff should come check on you & the house on his next available time.

Hugs!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Jul 21, 2017 6:35 pm

I agree you were very lucky, Hecate. And how nice of the officer to help you out.
We exchanged our faulty fuse box at the air conditioning unit with a safer fuse box.

Sure is nice having cool air.

I can make a meal of deviled eggs. Never fool with them myself. Last ones I had at a restaurant had candied bacon on top! Oh, boy!

In a Summer slump and I've got to get moving.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Page 12 of 13 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... , 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum