Body,Mind,Spirit connection

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Body,Mind,Spirit connection

Post  Lady on Wed Dec 07, 2011 2:19 pm

Thank you Weesa for your support. I think it must by hard for you to read about my grandparents and it must renew some sad memories too.

I`m sure he will be better here. The illnes is over now and we only need to make him walking again. He was lying without moving for 7 days. From yesterday he is doing some exercises and I hope they will do more in our hospital. I thought about hiring him some rehabilitation nurse. I will see how the care will be and will make other steps after that. I really learn from this life lesson not to solve problems if I can`t.
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Dec 07, 2011 5:47 pm

Lady, unless your grandfather is ill, is he usually active? If so,he'll probably regain his strength quickly. I noticed when Larry's grandmother was forced to stop working because of her age (75 at the time) her life changed dramatically.
She sat around her house and watched television,but not happy shows but religious shows that scared her and made her feel bad.
She stopped being active and her health began to fail.She lay around for almost 20 years like that..not really living,feeling sorry for herself.
She was very stubborn and wouldn't let any of us help.

If your grandpa is not usually active,does he have any interests that he enjoys?

I swear, we have to keep our minds and bodies busy in order to get healthy and stay strong well into old age.And sometimes we have to be creative in learning news ways to move bodies when disabilties take over.

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Thu Dec 08, 2011 10:50 am

Lady it doesn't make me sad to read about your grandparents. I have very happy memories of my grandparents that have passed and one grandmother still alive to talk to. And of course there's the lesson Harry learns in Prisoner of Azkaban "Those we love never truly leave us".
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:08 pm

"Those we love never truly leave us".

One of my very favorite quotes from the series..and it's true..that the medium last August could be contacted by my father and grandfather in ways that I recognized and she could not know, proves to me the those who love us continue beyond life.It's very comforting.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Thu Dec 08, 2011 2:30 pm

O.k. Weesa, I understand. I like that quote to. And the other one is: To well organized mind, death is just another adventure. (I don`t have the book with me just now so it isn`t from word to word).

Grandpa is currently in our town. He was a little bit confused today. I think it may be because he is lying for so long without any interuption, without tv or his normal rites. And days are still the same for him and merge together. Do you think it is possible explanation? I know he is old and sometimes his mind isn`t working as it was when he was younger. But can one week of illnes makes his mind confused forever? I wonder if they didn`t give him some calming drugs for the transport.
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Dec 08, 2011 4:27 pm

Yes,I think it could happen...your grandfather is used to a routine and then suddenly,he's in a strange place,with no family...and it is unsettling. He's in a new hospital,one closer to you? I'd give him a few days to get used to his new room,but you can always let the doctors and nurses know what he's usually like,so they can watch for a mental change.

My MIL still has some scattered moments after her colonoscopy. Or it could be she's not using her hearing aids..She keeps asking the same questions over and over ,even after Larry answers them.Might be the anesthesia.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:33 pm

Ok all the pre-op labs and tests were fine so Dad is going in for his knee replacement surgery on Thursday morning. He's scheduled for 3 days in the hospital to recover a bit. Prayers/thoughts will be greatly appreciated, thanks. Smile
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:02 pm

Which knee,Weesa? Maybe we could get Lady to do a Reiki by distance healing treatment. I'll concentrate on healing colours and increased blood circulation around the knee.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Wed Dec 14, 2011 12:55 am

Good Luck with Lady's Grandfather and Weesa's Dad.
Sounds promising. Knee surgery is fairly common now.
And I am sure Lady's grandfather will enjoy the TV.

Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Dec 14, 2011 8:00 am

Weesa,does your grandad have diabetes? That might slow his recovery a bit. But if he's in pretty good health he should feel relief fairly soon.
You might want to watch for after affects from the anesthesia. Short term memory loss or some confusion..seems common in the elderly after surgery.Nothing to worry about but to watch for. It usually doesn't last long but can be frightening for the patient.

We' re thinking of him..he'll have good protection should he need it..
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Wed Dec 14, 2011 2:36 pm

Weesa, I would be pleased to send some Reiki to your father. He must know about it and must agree with it and I should know which knee was replaced. I will keep him on my mind for tommorow.

Grandpa is doing some exercises and we are glad he is doing fine and has something to do. And MMD yes, he enjoys the TV, it is connection with word for him. He is big sport fan.
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:49 pm

Lady,it is nice to hear your grandfather is feeling better. What sports does he like to watch?

I've been having funny feelings today...not sure how to describe it except to say my insides feel like they're buzzing and humming.My hands feel like there is energy shooting out from my fingers.
It's a vibration I used to feel when I was on stage...a connection with the audience and a sense of being outside myself and in sync with something bigger.
I think something must be happening for us,

Hope to come online soon to let you know what it all means.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Fri Dec 16, 2011 6:31 am

Maxecat, I grow up on sport. Every time there was on TV sport in which some of our sportsman/woman were succesful, it was on the screen and I was watching it with my father and grandfather. Now his favourite is football and ice-hockey, tennis and athletic. I love to watch the sport too (hubby is very satisfied with me I think). I love olympic games and winter sports (ice hockey, skating, down hill skiing,...) + athletic, tennis and football but only when our national team is playing. I have no news about grandpa except he is eating well, doing exercises and my grandma aranged him a haircut. Oh and I think yesterday he had a shower - first after 18 days, uh scratch

Weesa, how is your father doing?
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Dec 16, 2011 7:55 am

Yes,Weesa,thinking of your grandpa. I assume he is staying in the hospital a couple of days for observation?
How's your mom doing these days? The first holiday after a major death in the family can be so stressfull.

Since I'm not blessed with an athletic body,I do enjoy watching sports on tv,especially the Olympics. To see the best in the sport is really exciting for someone who can't ski or figure skate. The best I can do is day dream about that,
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Dec 16, 2011 2:31 pm

maxecat, if you are feeling "too much" spirituality, you can help yourself ground by eating meat. I heard a lecture from a very advanced person....and as she leaned towards Vegitarianism, she actually thought that was the only good reason for eating meat. Maybe have some beef or pork for lunch or dinner.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:22 pm

I never thought of heavier meats as being grounding agents but it does make sense. Their digestive process is more complicated than fruits and vegetables and takes more time.It also produces more toxins and waste..guess that would ground you

It's been a challenging time waiting for the next interviews...and the HR person has told Larry how long the process is..but she has difficulty calling back when she says she will and that leaves him hanging around, uncomfortable about sending out more resumes.

Getting so excited,then having to wait,then receiving a form email saying you're not want we want is taking a tole on his spirits. We won't go into the bank account..I'm afraid my constant affirmations are only helping me but they are keeping panic at bay.

the song from West Side Story "Something's coming" keeps popping into my head and I only bring it up because it seems to come with the buzzing sensation and I have been praying for either inspiration on which direction to take or a sign to hang on,answers are on the way.

When Larry receives disappointing news I tell him something better is coming..'cept I've been saying this for such a long time I don't think he's accepting it and I'm afraid he's manifesting more lack when I'm trying to get abundance going... No !!!!

Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Fri Dec 16, 2011 11:26 pm

Maxecat it's my Dad not a grandpa (sadly both moved on years ago) and he is doing well. No memory loss he's healthy as far as things like diabetes go. The only problems he has are the right knee (which is hopefully fixed now) and he has degenerative disc disease oh and a bit of nerve damage as a result of having polio as a child. He was started on physical therapy today and the saw him this evening. He will return tomorrow to change the dressing and says Dad should be home on Sunday. There'll be a nurse coming out to the house but not sure how often yet or exactly what her job is, will find out Monday.

As for Mom she's a basket case in my opinion. She's so busy trying to get things done that she's stressed herself out and seems beyond exhaustion. She won't relax no matter how hard your try to get
her to. Perhaps once Dad is home she'll settle a bit. I hope so because I'm exhausted from all the errand running, holiday shopping, and surgery prepartions too and I can't see getting any rest until she
decides to take a break.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Sat Dec 17, 2011 7:13 am

Weesa, glad to read you Daddy is going well and should be at home on Sunday. That`s great.

And I hope your mother will slow down or at least you can slow down a bit and take some rest. Maybe some Petrificus totalus put on your mother should help? lol!
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:56 am

Sorry about the mix up Weesa,had Lady's grandfather on my mind...I know diabetes can make recovery slower,though one of my older employees with diabetes had a knee replacement and his recovery was well within the "normal" range.
Your poor mom...she definitely needs some sort of charm or spell. At least you can help out some...I'm sure she appreciates it even if she's too tired to say anything.

don't suppose you could slip something into her morning coffee to make her spend the day napping? Rolling Eyes No
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Sat Dec 17, 2011 1:18 pm

Grandpa is vomiting since yesterday`s afternoon. Maybe it wasn`t vomiting virosis from the start. It is weekend so no examination. Maybe we (I mean my family) are keeping him here longer than he wants. I`m slowly reconciling with fact he will maybe go on soon. Don`t know what to wish or what to think.

Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Sat Dec 17, 2011 2:22 pm

Lady, I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. You must feel helpless not being able to do anything, but sometimes all we can do is just be there in the moment, and be there for each other. I will keep him, you and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:07 pm

Lady there is a real connection with people who are ready to go and their loving family who is not ready to let them go. I know when it was time for my mother to pass she had to ask my father to please let her go. When he was able to do this, she quietly slipped away.

It might me time to have a discussion with your family. If they are not ready, then you can give it some thought and prayer and see how you feel you should progress. They may follow your lead. It is always nice to help the person peacefully pass, although sometimes it just can't be done.

My thoughts and prayers are with you, your grandfather and family also.
missypotter
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Dec 17, 2011 8:47 pm

I told my dog it was ok to leave. I know dogs don't cry but his eye watered and what looked to be a tear rolled down his beautiful face. He passed about 20 minutes later with no struggle at all.
I couldn't watch but Larry did and he said it couldn't have been more peaceful.

There's a lot to be said for giving people permission to go on ahead. In any case, from what I understand about the chemical changes in a dying brain,passing on is supposed to be quite pleasant. I guess if the person is upset or concerned about something the stress might interfere.

Perhaps it's best to leave nothing unfinished,no quarrels unresolved..all the needed
"I love yous" passed around..
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Sat Dec 17, 2011 9:27 pm

Petrificus Totalus indeed, she's resting now and hopefully will get some good sleep tonight. Went with her to see Dad this today, he was not a happy camper. It seems the nurses on duty today were related to grumpy dwarf although the one made him seem down right cheerful. He was happy to see the shift change this evening at seven it was the same nurses as last night and they were nice. He did get up and walk this morning with his walker to the door of the room and back, and they said he is doing good. He has to use a machine called a cpm for two hours three times a day as part of his therapy at home. There'll be someone out to the house three times a week according to the hospital physical therapist to check on his progress and set the numbers on the machine so all Mom has to do is get his leg on the thing and puch the stat button. So far they are still saying he comes home tomorrow so fingers crossed, because he really wants to be in his own bed to get some real sleep. I think he'll be happier once the anesthesia and all are completely out of his system, he isn't used to taking such things and the high doses seem to make his sleep a bit fitful. As for me resting I'll have to wait and see how I sleep tonight, haven't been sleeping through the night for a couple weeks now and it's taking a toll. Is it 2012 yet? I'm ready for the new year it has to be better doesn't it confused

Lady sorry to hear about your Grandpa will keep you both in my thoughts. I know it seemed to me that my Granny was waiting for Mom to be there and give her permission to do what she wanted. Once that happened she let go. I miss her but I know she's at peace now.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Dec 17, 2011 10:06 pm

Weesa,is it like a compression boot? I think my son used one after his knee surgery.Amazing when the technology can do now.
Too bad the nurses were having a rough night. Guess they can't always be angels of mercy. It's nice to hear your Dad is able to walk some. Could you race him around the house?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum