Venting Room

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Venting Room

Post  missypotter on Wed Apr 10, 2013 2:01 am

Now you have me worried. It was dripping onto cardboard and started when we got it back from the shop, so I just assumed. We showed them the cardboard so I thought they would know. It is not radiator fluid or gas, but could be something else. Karentia, you know how you can do a system check on our cars...well nothing shows up wrong there. Also hubby was asking if your Escape is a 4 or 6 cylinder and what kind of mpg you get.

Sorry to complain about such trivial matters.
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:47 pm

Missypotter that drives me nuts too, professionals are supposed to know the problem and not cause problems. Wish you could drive it to my brother he'd have it fixed in no time for you. Good luck with it and maybe think of finding a second opinion or at least a different mechanic for next time.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:29 pm

Missypotter that is the pits, hope you get it fixed soon! Oil is brown in color and transmission is lightly pink in color if that helps any. I certainly would consider finding a different mechanic for any future work! Hugs dear and take care!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Wed Apr 10, 2013 8:45 pm

Missypotter I spoke to my brother the mechanic said go to another mechanic, and if possible check your fluid levels before doing so. Whatever is leaking should be registering on it's gauge as low. :hug:

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Thu Apr 11, 2013 12:30 am

Thanks Weesa. We did go to a new mechanic. Apparently it is the Universal something or other. It has to do with the 4 x 4. I don't really understand it as the systems check says all is well.

Anyway we are negotiating with the first repair guys as nothing was wrong before their change of the transmission fluid. They say they didn't do anything, but we reminded them all was well before we brought it in. I think they are going to pay half of the new charge, which tells me they think they could have done the damage. It is quite expensive and I am frustrated, but what are you going to do.

Hopefully all will go well, but I am still out a car for a few more days. I hate being stuck at home and not being able to do chores and errands until hubby gets home at night. What did our mothers do before everyone had 2 cars? Shocked
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:42 pm

I would think that most women in those times were in small enough communities they could walk or had a horse drawn wagon. Good luck with the universal joint, really don't see how so many mechanics get away with this type of behavior.

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Thu Apr 11, 2013 1:54 pm

Missypotter glad you found another mechanic, it is very likely the first mechanics knocked something loose and I should hope they will be willing to pay for half of the cost! glad you are getting your universal fixed, pretty dangerous if is should go out on you! Take care and good luck getting everything up to snuff! Hugs dear!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:09 pm

Just have to vent...day 7 and still no car. Mad Something about ordering parts from out of state and yada yada yada.
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:05 pm

That seems like a long time,missypotter. Is this a uncommon piece or something that had to be specially ordered (or made?) For that long a wait you should have been offered a loaner car.

Hope you get your wheels back soon.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Lady on Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:33 pm

I'm very tired today. I spent whole day with my mother doing our VAT. Acually she did it as she is an accountant, I helped with preparation last week and today I was like live shield. She is very choleric person and our accounting is total mess as payment are done by Zed and he doesn't know a single thing about accounting. So my mother was screaming, yelling, nervous and I tried to comfort her and I felt quilty it's my fault our bill aren't in order. You know, syndrom of mother vs. daughter. I mean she wasn't rude to me but when I hear her screaming I felt like I'm young child again. She even made me cry at one moment. She explained immediatel it has nothing to do with me but old programmes in my mind still work. Second batch of tears came when she told me the sum of the tax we have to pay. I can't really imagine how can we survive when state/goverment expect us to pay so much. It's quite liquidating, no wonder our economics is where is.They should be happy we are trying to take care of ourselves and making new vacancies but no, they just want to take as much money as possible. Sigh. It's hard to be positive as hubby isn't at home at all, boys miss their father, I have no money to pay my bills and we are now in deeper debt. When I was driving back from mother's office I felt like my energy level went down very quickly. I came at home, took small glass of spirit and big one of beer. Boys are after the shower and dinner and watching tv for kids. I thing I'm going to take some rest and be a bit lazy for the rest of the day.
Lady
Phoenix
Phoenix

Back to top Go down

Post  Admin on Thu Apr 25, 2013 6:45 pm

Lady hopefully things will get better soon for you. You aren't alone in wondering why taxes are so much, it's always baffled me too. :hug: Perhaps an extended stay in the Relaxation Room?

Admin
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:20 pm

Sorry about your tax problems Lady. I had some too. I had to borrow money from our home equity loan to pay them. I meant to save money, but so many things came up last year that I didn't.

Becoming upset doesn't help. How about some relaxation?
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Apr 26, 2013 6:29 pm

In your country does the government pay for health needs? Or do you have to pay a doctor for a visit or surgery? Do you have insurance? What about other government supported things? I suppose that is where a lot of the taxes would go if they are taking so much. To fund public things they fully support, like police, fire, city employees, as well as any other - public transit, trains, anything 'state' run. The more state support your government provides, the more comes out of your pockets to fund the state. It is a vicious circle. One reason why I am glad we don't have state supported health care, we pay less in out of pocket, and to insurance companies to pay for our physical health needs, than what the government would tax us on for it. If you are relatively healthy, you don't pay those extra fees for someone who doesn't have good health. Well, of course insurance and doctor fees go up, so yes, we do pay for it in the long run, as well as public funding for those who can't get off state support (like many imigrants in our area, or many - gota go!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Fri Apr 26, 2013 8:20 pm

I'm sorry for the hasty departure, a new room mate showed up, chatty.

I was going to say like many of the families in Maxie's area.

Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Tue Sep 17, 2013 1:22 pm

I am so upset right now! Didn't want to bring this to the table, so I'll put it here. My sister was holding my pictures, paintings I've done and a family heirloom - that copper plaque of Mark Twain that my great grandfather made, I shared a picture of it here - while I go through my divorce. Well she has been kind of ignoring me for the past month and I figured she was seeing her ex husband again, because that's the usual cycle for her. She told me yesterday that she is moving back in with him. So I said I wanted to come and retrieve all of my stuff. His family are a bunch of red neck thieves. Sorry to say, but it's the truth. She's even complained about them stealing her stuff and breaking her stuff. I went this morning and she had my crates of pictures already by the door to give to me. My paintings and plaque she had in her car!!! She had already taken it over to her ex-husband's house and only brought back my paintings. She stole the plaque out of my belongings and told me she intends to keep it. I am so heart broken and upset. I cannot believe I trusted her and she broke that trust. I am really hurt. She started calling me names - unbelievable. Demanded her apartment key back. I demanded that she return it and soon, and if I have to take legal recourse I will. I've already talked to my other sister and my brother and they are going to send me letters stating that it was mine and it was my inheritance. I am going to give her a few days to cough it up, but I'm not holding my breath. But I'm not going to take this lying down. I can't believe how she turned on me like this. For someone that claimed to love me and be so helpful, and to turn around and betray my trust like this. I just can't believe it. Nothing like kicking someone when they are down.
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Tue Sep 17, 2013 2:27 pm

Muggleborn, I take it this is not the sister who has been so helpful, and staying with you? So sorry to hear of this new twist, I don't understand why family seems to feel the right to do this to their loved ones. Good luck in getting it back. Hugs for you.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Tue Sep 17, 2013 3:53 pm

Sadly it IS the sister that was being helpful and staying with me. That's why I'm so gutted. I just don't understand it.
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Sep 17, 2013 7:35 pm

Betrayal by family seems so much worse by its very nature. Perhaps one of the other siblings could go to her and take it back?

Is she being influenced by her ex? Maybe he's trying to get back at you for helping her out?

I hope you can find a quick resolution that will help all of you get back together as family.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Wed Sep 18, 2013 8:41 am

Muggleborn that is the pits, I know you are trying to learn independence during all of this ordeal, but this is a rough way to learn it, I hope you can get one of your other siblings to retrieve for you if not I would certainly talk to your lawyer as to your options! Sorry you have to go through all this! Hugs to you and the boys no fun for sure!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  muggleborn on Tue Sep 24, 2013 11:13 am

Here is an update: Apparently, you can rifle through someone's belongings and steal from them and get away with it. I got tired of all of the hate filled speech coming from her so I called the police to see if they could help. A retired police officer told me I had sufficient proof that it was mine, another sister and a brother wrote letters stating that it was, I have pictures, written proof that she agreed to store it and return it - but the police in her county don't think that's enough. They called her, but of course she lied to them so they aren't going to get involved at all. They told me it's a civil matter. I would have to hire a lawyer, pay thousands of dollars, to get it back. Or I could take her to small claims court and still might not get it back. I hope it was worth it to her because she lost the only family that would have anything to do with her. I should have listened to my siblings about her and not trust her. Instead I defended her and tried to get them to give her a chance. Boy am I naive! I trusted her and I feel like she's been plotting this from the get go 5 years ago when she wanted to get reacquainted. So I guess unless you have a private vault in your home nothing is safe. Hard lesson to learn indeed! I am torn up about this and it's made me really sick. And yesterday was the 5 year anniversary of my mom's death. I'm going to do my best to move on and concentrate on my future.
muggleborn
Ashes
Ashes

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum