Furry, Scaly, Feathered Friends

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Furry, Scaly, Feathered Friends

Post  Karentia on Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:02 pm

Good news! Thank you Weesa for the update! Always happy the get good news. Give both scritches & hugs from me?
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Sep 11, 2012 11:28 am

Will pass on the scritches and hugs. Silly dog tried to eat his rabies tag when Dad was trying to put it on his collar. Had to make a deal, gave him a treat he gave up the tag and it made it on the collar. Rolling Eyes
Weesa
Admin
Admin

http://weesa-asiseeit.blogspot.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 am

When we first rescued Huck the vet said he was protective because he kept himself between us. Well this morning we found out just how protective he can be. Dad was drinking his coffee when he heard Huck barking and growling. He looked out and saw that he was facing the house so Dad went to see what it was. Turned out to be a possum, Dad threw a bolt at it to get it to go away so Huck would quiet down and not wake the whole house (this was before I got up at ten til six). The possum turned on Dad and started hissing at him, next thing Huck jumped the fence and grabbed it. Dad said that possum never stood a chance and Huck doesn't have a scratch on him. He had take the possum off down the road when he was able to get Huck to leave it. He's never even tried to jump the fence before so it seems his protective instinct kicked into high this morning. Might have to get my brothers to redo the fence a bit better now that he's jumped it, we have to keep him in the backyard so he stays away from the neighbor's trash, that guy is mean enough to call the pound even though he knows where Huck belongs. We have to put him on leash and take him for walks, luckily the fenced area is big enough for him to get exercise on days we can't take him out. Poor Miss Wiggles just couldn't understand what all the excitement outside was about, she was very happy when feeding time came around and things were back to the scheduled routine.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:18 pm

What a good boy! Huck is a very good dog for protecting his family! If he doesn't jump the fence for the trash, wait for a bit before you decide to raise the fence. He would still try to jump out with a higher fence, and if there was a danger to a family member like this again, he might hurt himself trying to get out to protect y'all. And he may need a bath - not sure if your dad noticed in all the excitement, but possums can exude a musk similar to skunks, they just don't spray it. Extra scritches from me!
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:17 am

Well instead of a bath he had an all day shower, as it rained quite a bit and he likes to walk around in it.
The fence actually won't be raised it is high enough, the fix will be moving a portion of it so that my brother can get the pool installed at the end of the house. They'll also put the top rail on, there isn't one now so the top of the fence gives if leaned on(it's chain link). So the fenced area will be large enough for him still and give him some wooded space to play in as well. Dad gave him tons of scritches and an extra treat or two. He's stayed in so I don't think he'll try jumping to off anywhere, he's good dog.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:18 am

This is Loki Morgan's new baby, he's as cute as his grandma Karentia said he was.

Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Karentia on Thu Jan 16, 2014 12:19 pm

Thank you Weesa! I get to meet him today.
Karentia

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Wed Mar 19, 2014 8:10 am

Not sure if I mentioned it at the Hogs Head but we got Huck into the vet for his physical and rabies, etc. He's an 87 lb. drool machine. Very healthy and at his optimum weight for breeding and size. Mom will be taking Miss Wiggles in the morning for her appointment. I swear she understands English, any time the vet is mentioned she looks like she's shooting daggers toward whoever said it. Completely opposite of Huck she hates going to the vet. Silly cat won't go near Mom for a couple days afterward just stares at her. Huck on the other hand is always ready to go for a ride even if it ends at the vet which he doesn't seem to be to bothered by.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  samtibbs123 on Sat Mar 22, 2014 9:14 am

Morning all

Yep Weesa it is like that in our house as well, Schuster would go to H--l if he thought it meant getting a ride somewhere but the cats all hiss and growl like we were pulling teeth the whole time, Tibby behaves herself at the vet as does Cumma but you can hear our boy Rocko clear out in the street, glad they both are AOK, what breed of dog is Huck??

The neighborhood owl must be hunting this morning, Cumma (the neighborhood lightweight) came streaking in this morning heart pounding, hopped up on my chest and doesn't want to leave, he is the only one the owl could lift but he is lightening fast so as long as he pays attention no problems.

Hope you all have a wonderful day! Hugs and scritches all around!
samtibbs123
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Weesa on Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:31 am

Samtibbs poor Cumma hope he continues to avoid that owl. Huck is what my Grandma calls a Heinz 57. The vet says he could have some lab, a bit of hound dog and a good deal of Swiss mountain dog in him with a dash of who knows what else. Our Miss Wiggles is a what they call a black calico, she is not behaved at the vet. We have a carrier that we take her in that has a partial zip opening at one end of it that they open up to do her shots. Mom says they have it down in her file that she doesn't like them and will bite/scratch. She did get a clean bill of health Thursday though even if she wasn't happy about it.
Weesa
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum