Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Maxecat on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:40 am

I realize I'm abusing the no double posting rule but as a mod I'm making an exception. Since there's a lot of activity in the other world we occupy I think postings here might be few or far between.
So, to celebrate Thanksgiving in Alanland,I'm sending along Always wonderful creations to inspire and entertain.
As,always,enjoy your time here and have fun with the Alans.

Thanksgiving dinner with Henry Earnest (“He” from SoL), Jamie and Severus.

for a non eating spirit,Jamie seems impatient for the feast to begin..Nice going Severus. Thought conjuring food was one of those impossibles,even for great wizards but you've done it!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 am

Vintage Thanksgiving card with Leonard (“Seminar”)
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Nov 24, 2011 6:15 pm

Elliott, Alex and P.L. with pumpkins (outdoors, Alex on a bench)

I think after dinner they have planned moonlite hay wagon rides,walks by the lake and a wonderful bonfire to end the evening.
Tomorrow I'll need an all day nap.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Nov 25, 2011 7:30 am

Hi y'all! I'll make this quick since I'm paying by the minute Sad Just dropped in to say hi and a very happy Thanksgiving weekend to all! Maxe, you're doing a great job as party host... sometimes it's a challenge when "real life" pulls folks away from the more important things in life, like posting!

These greetings are coming your way from New York City where I will be seeing "Seminar" tonight! Very Happy cheers Very Happy Gee, it suddenly seemed real when I walked by the theater front last night. (No performance on Thanksgiving.) Dan R's theater is just down the street. Will give a more complete account later. For now, it's all just still in the happening mode. Have an awesome weekend!

Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Nov 25, 2011 8:41 am

Don't you all love how Always was so calm and quiet about her plans for this weekend? I would have been shouting from the rooftops.

And she gets to see Seminar twice!!

I suppose you'll be standing afterwards at the stage door,Always? Tell the Man "hey" for all of us! Very Happy
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Nov 25, 2011 2:53 pm

Give Alan a hug from us (we all wish). Have a wonderful time!
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Nov 26, 2011 7:24 am

All I can say is that Alan live and on stage is just plain awesome! It was certainly well worth the trip. I was in the third row, so had quite a nice view, though admittedly, it was difficult to tear my eyes away from Alan to watch anyone else (mind you, they were all good!). The play itself was actually better than I had anticipated. It looks like there's been a bit of trimming and redirection from the way it was when reviews were done, which is a good thing. Alan's big speech towards the end was amazing. He was was beyond excellence. Yeah, I'm biased, but yes, he was. The audience was obviously enjoying it immensely and the standing ovation at curtain call was heartfelt.

I couldn't get through the mob afterwards to get my playbill autographed Sad but I did get a couple of pix of The Man which I'll post after I get home. Actually at that point I didn't care. It was more than enough to just be there. And yeah, he's adorable!

Jerry O'Connell was cute during the autograph phase. (I did get his autograph.) One person commented on how good he was in the play, to which he responded, "I just do what Mr. Rickman tells me to do." Yep, definitely a (smart) fanboy!

I am needless to say looking forward to seeing the play again today. Never too much Alan! cheers Very Happy cheers
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Nov 26, 2011 11:42 am

I'm all smiles just thinking of it,Always!
Are you going to fight through the crowds tonight? Wish I was with you. Third row! Wow!
bounce
Tonight will you be more able to observe the play itself and not concentrate on Mr R? yeah,right.

I'm so thrilled you were able to put this wonderful trip together. Makes me believe that dreams can come true.Hope the rest of your trip is as fantastic and we'll see you soon just full of great stories.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:31 pm

This is going around Facebook, but it made me laugh. Laughing

missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Nov 26, 2011 2:38 pm

That's brilliant!!!!!!!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:04 pm

Good Day,
Glad that you are having fun Always. Yes, New York decorated for Christmas must be lovely! The play sounds wonderful. I wonder if they might bring it to L.A.? Very Happy

Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sat Nov 26, 2011 4:48 pm

That's a really nice shot of the man himself,Magical Music Dreamer. He looks very pensive.Like the wind tousled hair.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  arcadia on Sat Nov 26, 2011 5:16 pm

First of all, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you,Sadly we don't celebrate it here in Romania.....i've been busy with studies,this last year is pretty difficult!
I read all the review frases i found here and they sounds amazing.I did agree with the one saying that Alan should play Richard III or other great roles....that is true....! That doesn't say that Seminar isn't great,but i know that every actor wants to play a special part in his carreer...some want to be Hamlet,others Faust...i wonder what is the role of his dreams?
And i totally disagree with that frase about Alan beeing the same in every role...my GOD,that was a stupid conclusion.
I didn't saw him acting on stage but in movies,there is something that makes different all of his characters....even it's only about a bit of makeup or another hair style....
Always, i must congratulate you for your amazing trip! I really hope you had a wonderful time! and i would like,if you care,to give me a spoiler-email about the play. I don't dare to ask you to write here because i assume there are here people that will actually get to see the play and don't want it to be spoiled. I don't mind cos i will never see it unless it get's to West End and that's less probable Sad
And as a last thing...i was thinking that i was actually lucky to have Alan so near at that event and so alone if i can say that.i mean,there wasn't so many people asking autographs or something like that.actually when i did got mine's there were only another 2 people near him!

arcadia

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:18 pm

Couldn't wait till I get home. I just got back this second from seeing "Seminar" for the third time (saw the matinee today also, but Alan doesn't generally come out or sign after matinees). YES, I did get Alan's autograph this time (er, should I mention our hands brushed? accidentally... yes, really, accidentally). I told him our forum sent him a group hug and he laughed and said "thanks!" More photos, too. I had a better spot tonight plus they had way better crowd control. I think they are learning by experience. Alan was even better tonight, if that's at all possible since he was off the chart before. You know, it's probably a good thing that I don't live anywhere near New York, or I would be broke very rapidly reseeing this play. Now I'm supposed to go to sleep What a Face and get up in a few hours to begin the trek home. I think I'd rather be back seeing Alan again... Think? Make that "know"! Catch you all later!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Sat Nov 26, 2011 10:50 pm

Always, that was the perfect trip! Wonderful! and thanks for mentioning our fan group!
Actually, I like to watch favorite movies (or plays) many times. One sees more details that one missed before.
Have a good trip home. cheers
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 am

Thanks,Always,for passing along our group hug...(if he only knew.....)

More treats for your collection! I'm sure you'll be able to fly home without the aid of the airlines.
Rest up and give us the lovely details when you can.

Three times???? Lucky,lucky girl!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsin Yeobright on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:13 am

OOOOOhhh! Always, I am so delighted for you! Nobody deserves to see Seminar three times and have a chat and "accidental hand brush" more than you! (Your description made me laugh a mouthful of toast crumbs into my keyboard.) I wonder if you did manage to sleep ... cheers cheers cheers

I've been ill with a chest infection and persistent migraine, so haven't been able to get to the computer this last week or so. What a great surprise to read about your adventure! It is lifting my spirits more than the Penicillin. sunny

Not being able to see the play myself, I'd be only to happy to have any details about the performance you feel happy about sharing! I know you might not want to post anything that would be too spoiler-y, though. That's understandable.

How great that you passed on our group hug! What a superb ambassador you are. king I'm now chuckling to myself, imagining Alan scrolling through the photoshops over his morning coffee, and laughing loudly. I'm sure the quirky affectionate humour they reflect would amuse and touch him. (I love the Grigori one particularly. That cheeky grin is very dear to me! Laughing Thanks for posting them again, Maxecat!)

Have a safe journey home, lassie! If you were not so vividly eloquent and generous with your knowledge and experiences, we would all be practising Legilimency on you, and you'd have to rush to Snape's dungeon for Occlumency revision. Hmm... lol! You rest up, and we will hear all the details as they come back to you!

Last edited by Tamsin Yeobright on Sun Nov 27, 2011 5:28 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typing error)
Tamsin Yeobright

http://www.aludditeonline.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress on Sun Nov 27, 2011 4:17 pm

Always, I'm grinning from ear to ear reading about your NYC experience! I had an inkling that your upcoming "adventure" would involve seeing Seminar...you lucky girl, you! Three times, AND an "accidental" hand brush? Love it! I'm so happy for you and can't wait to see pictures. Thanks for passing along a virtual hug to Alan from all of us. That is so sweet.

Max, I enjoyed the virtual feast and photos you posted on behalf of Always. I'm coming off the end of a wonderful Thanksgiving break (back again to work tomorrow....*groan*), and the festive images of our Alans are a great way to wrap it up!

I hope everyone had a great holiday; it sounds like many of us did!
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:34 pm

Well, I'm home... and have had a very long day today (after getting maybe 2 hours sleep) so for now I'm just going to share my lovely memento of a totally amazing weekend (a full house of autographs by all the cast members). Will catch up with everything over the next few days! Sleep
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:38 pm

Traveling can be so tiresome,even if you're on an emotional high!

Glad you're back and thrilled you had such a wonderful experience. so,will the playbill be framed or hung on your tree?
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Sun Nov 27, 2011 6:46 pm

Photo by Always

Alan last night just after he'd finished signing my playbill and moved on to the next person.

Maxe... Actually both. I'm going to frame the playbill alongside a photo of Alan from the Seminar promo photo shoot. I'm also going to scan the autograph so I can cut it in vinyl to create a Christmas ornament for this year's Alan tree.... just thinking, I could also just make a small print of the playbill and mount it on styrene as a whole. Will have to give it some thought when I have some semblance of a brain restored to me. (Hmmm, next weekend is looking like it's going to be very busy!)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Sun Nov 27, 2011 9:44 pm

Thanks for sharing your terrific experience with us Always.
Get some good sleep! Sleep
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress on Sun Nov 27, 2011 11:19 pm

Ahh, love the playbill and photo! What an experience. Get plenty of rest, Always! I agree that traveling is so exhausting. Can't wait to hear and see more about Seminar! The plans for the new additions to the Alan tree sound fantastic, too.
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Nov 28, 2011 10:06 am

Photo by Always

This one's from Friday night. It's a bit blurry since I had to hold my camera aloft to get a pic over the crowd.

I've not run into any comments about the play going to other venues, though, assuming it continues to be successful, I'm sure that will happen. My guess would be to London rather than the west coast, though. *sigh*

As far as spoilers about the play, well, with all the reviews that are out there, you'll pretty much know what goes on in the play. I'll be happy to post an overview (with spoilers) if no one objects. Let me know.

Playbill had an interesting interview with Alan on the 26th (playing catch up on the news today). It's a good read! Excerpt:
This play is so word-led. Does that make you appreciate your character more, get you deeper into his psyche, because he is a man who loves words?
AR: I love words. I love language. I think one of the great things that theatre can do is celebrate language, and Theresa doesn't write a lazy line. You have to play right the way through a thought all the time, and some of them are very long — so it's not that kind of snap-happy [dialogue]. Although it's very crisp and very funny, you still gotta get hold of the whole thought all the time, and that means being really aware of the power of language.
Playbill also offered a caricature by Ken Fallin of the Seminar cast. Honestly, I wonder how this guy got the job...

On the 25th Playbill posted a "week in review" summary on Seminar. Excerpt:
But everyone said the evening was greatly improved — and a worthwhile ticket — because of the expert cast. And not just Rickman, who was, of course, "heaven-sent as the sexy, sneering, snarling literary legend who condescends to tutor four aspiring novelists who have paid through the nose for the privilege of being abused"; and "clearly very good at playing arrogant and sneering, but he shows a touchingly vulnerable side while also delivering a lacerating monologue about what the publishing industry does to young talent and how words can really hurt."
The Wall Street Journal's Thanksgiving Day review says:
Nobody does nasty like Alan Rickman, and in "Seminar," Theresa Rebeck's new play, he goes the whole hog, playing a monstrously brutal teacher who hates his students almost as much as he hates himself. It's no surprise that the man who brought Severus Snape to the screen should be so good at spewing verbal cyanide onstage. To hear him dismiss a short story written by one of his hapless charges as "a soul-sucking waste of words" is to know what a mouse feels like as it peers down the mouth of an ill-fed snake.
On an entirely different subject, The Irish Times reports:
Igloo Films has got funding for its animated feature film The Boy in the Bubble, which is narrated by the actor Alan Rickman and features a 10-year-old boy who falls in love for the first time.
Hmmm.... hope Alan will be a part of the feature length version... will see if I can learn anything...
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsin Yeobright on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:42 am

Enjoyed the Playbill interview. Your photo is pretty good, Always! Alan is looking very dapper indeed. I like your thought that the play might head for London at some point in the future.

I agree about the caricature! I think I'd recognise Jerry, but I couldn't say the same for Alan. Doesn't encapsulate his finely chiselled debonair good looks at all. Sticking him in a dinner jacket is a bit of an artistic cop-out! Poor HP hasn't really been dealt a fair hand either. Yes - back to the drawing board, perhaps!
Tamsin Yeobright

http://www.aludditeonline.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum