Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Alan Rickman - Something the Lord Made - Part 2

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Mon Nov 28, 2011 3:14 pm

Thanks for the great pictures and notes about your mini Alan vacation. I would like your overview...and I don't mind spoilers. After all, it is not a mystery story.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Nov 28, 2011 7:31 pm

Photo by Always

Alan after the Saturday performance.

The New Jersey Newsroom has a mixed review with "Alan Rickman leads a so-what ‘Seminar’ ". Apparently he didn't like the play itself, but still had glowing words about Alan. Excerpt:
Linklater’s intensity and Rabe’s luminous appeal give their characters some punch but they tend to pale a bit in the magnetic Rickman’s impressive presence.

His mouth twisting in derision, his dark, tawny tones caressing the snidest of remarks, the leonine Rickman coolly commands every onstage moment. While “Seminar” is instantly forgettable, Rickman’s masterful performance certainly is something to savor, which is rather like sipping a rare liqueur after finishing a McDonald’s Happy Meal.
And, back on the HP scene, several places had chatter about whether DH2 will get an Oscar nod.

Gold Derby asks:
Can Alan Rickman break the 'Harry Potter' Oscar curse?

Alan Rickman, who played Harry's longtime nemesis Severus Snape, could earn the first acting bid for this series. Reviews for Rickman have been positively glowing. Manohla Dargis (New York Times) said he, "lifts the movie to its expressive high point" and concluded: "that [Snape] has become such a brilliant screen character is due to Mr. Rickman, who helped elevate a child’s tale of good and evil into a story of human struggle." Kenneth Turan (Los Angeles Times) raved, "another satisfaction, and the key to creating emotion, is the kind of strong acting that the end of a story often calls forth. Though many do well … it is Alan Rickman as the elusive Severus Snape who, as always, makes the most lasting impression."

Among our Experts, Thelma Adams, Matt Atchity (Rotten Tomatoes) and Keith Simanton (IMDB) believe that Rickman will reap his first Oscar bid, and he has 16/1 odds in a wide-open Supporting Actor category.

Among his main rivals are five fellows who have all been nominated before but have yet to win: Christopher Plummer ("Beginners" – nominated once for Best Supporting Actor), Max Von Sydow ("Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close" – nominated once for Best Actor), Albert Brooks ("Drive" – nominated once for Best Supporting Actor), Kenneth Branagh ("My Week With Marilyn" – nominated four times including once as Best Actor) and Nick Nolte ("Warrior" – nominated twice for Best Actor).

Actors from fantasy blockbusters have had a difficult time with the Academy. In the last decade, only 2008 Supporting Actor champ Heath Ledger ("The Dark Knight") and 2001 nominee Ian McKellen ("The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring") have overcome this bias. But with Warner Bros. backing him in the derby, Rickman could cast a spell over Oscar voters.
PopWatch is running a new readers' poll "Which actor most deserves an Oscar nomination this January?" They seem to be pushing for Gary Oldman, but Alan is currently leading the race!

Coming Soon has a lengthy article on the official push for DH2 Oscar contention, including a lot of info on the Club 21 luncheon where Alan and Dan appeared last week. Author Edward Douglas reports:
Just last week, I was invited to a very special luncheon at New York's prestigious Club 21 by Warner Bros. and Peggy Siegal where Daniel Radcliffe, Alan Rickman, director David Yates and producer David Heyman were in attendance to help remind Academy members of the quality filmmaking in play and get them excited about the movie's awards prospects.
Now we know why they were there!
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Mon Nov 28, 2011 8:08 pm

The Oscars have lost their luster for over the years but I'd make an effort if the dear MrR finally got a chance.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Mon Nov 28, 2011 11:07 pm

Photo by Joan Marcus

Maxe... I hear you re the Academy. They haven't interested me more than about 1% in many years. However should Alan get a nomination, then I'd obviously pay attention. (Said snarkily.)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsin Yeobright on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:13 am

It is great to see official momentum building up alongside all the public support. I am daydreaming a little of him striding up to accept his Oscar in his nifty Snape robes, whisking it away with aplomb, swishing his hair, and striding elegantly and superbly back to his seat.
Tamsin Yeobright

http://www.aludditeonline.blogspot.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:34 am

Laughing

Yes!!!! I can see that too! Snapping his wand up in the air and gliding away,little golden statue in hand! Nox!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsin Yeobright on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:44 am

It has to happen! Very Happy
Tamsin Yeobright

Back to top Go down

Post  missypotter on Tue Nov 29, 2011 2:32 pm

Rickman being nominated is the only thing that would make me watch the Oscars. For quite some time they have lost their appeal for me. They seem to be not driven by quality of work but by what the Academy deems politically correct at the moment. They have shunned so many great works over the years because they weren't the "hot topic" of the day.

Now as to Alan Rickman vs Gary Oldman there is no comparison. While I enjoy Oldman's playing of Black he is not in the same league as Rickman playing Snape. It is a whole different level of acting. I always got the feeling Oldman was doing the movies for fun and a legacy, but I never saw the depth of acting in the Harry Potter movies that he has done in other movies. He just never really brought it to the table for me. I love the Black character in the books, but not the same depth in the movies.
missypotter
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Tue Nov 29, 2011 3:21 pm

Well, let's face,Gary didn't have much to do in the series...there was never any attempt at developing a truly close relationship between Harry and Sirius...there should have been more angst at Sirius' death as Harry lost yet another caring adult in his life but the film makers spent more time on special effects.
And Alan was there the entire time letting his character be misunderstood,defamed,reviled...with so much tightly held dignity. Good heavens I think Judy Dench won a nomination for Shakespeare in Love for 8 minutes on the screen...she's marvelous but...AR gave more than 8 minutes!!!!
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Tue Nov 29, 2011 10:41 pm

Photo by Joan Marcus

There are a couple of nicely done Seminar reviews today:

Mugglenet's Laura Reilly interviewed Jerry O'Connell, who as usual, had lovely things to say about Alan. Excerpts:
"Class. Is. Over," he said with sharp pauses between words, in the deep, tight-jawed, monotone voice that could only belong to Alan Rickman; a spot-on impression by co-star Jerry O'Connell as he walks out from backstage after receiving a standing ovation for Seminar's preview performance.
Seminar marks O'Connell's first appearance on Broadway, and he lauded Rickman for guiding him during the rehearsal process.

"I can't say enough nice things about Alan Rickman,"O'Connell said. "He's really helped me in a my Broadway debut, not that I was nervous, but I'm a little green about which way upstage is...kidding."

"Do you know how much that would cost if you paid for that kind of private tutoring?" he added.

O'Connell also joked about his time spent offstage with Rickman.

"He's a tricky little bugger," O'Connell said in a mock British accent. "If you go out with him, he always pays and it's annoying because you want to pay your fair share. We're all Broadway actors, though maybe we don't have large sums of Harry Potter money in our pocket."

"I'm getting craftier than he is," O'Connell continued. "I will go to the restaurant and give them my credit card before hand and say ‘You can't let him pay for this.'"

O'Connell also said that he is continually captivated by Rickman's performance, particularly towards the end of the play during the pinnacle of Leonard's character arc.

"Just watching him live, I just get lost in him every night. When he does his monologue, I've seen that monologue 60, 70, 80 times now. And still...thank God I don't have any lines in that scene because I would just blank out," O'Connell said.
F.A.M.E. NYC says glowingly:
Words…Words…Words, the foundation plays are built on. Playwrights use them to create characters, discourse and plots that become microcosms for life. Actors absorb words and give them a voice, emotion and the breath of life. Words are the foundation of the Broadway community, and no words have been as deliciously scripted as those coming to life eight times a week at the Golden Theatre – Seminar is a seductive, sagacious comedy that is at the head of Broadway’s fall 2011 class.
Perhaps the greatest detail of the show is the return of Alan Rickman to Broadway. Whether he is Hans Gruber, the Metatron or the Sheriff of Nottingham, Rickman is nothing less than stupendous. No one can play a frosty, cheeky snob like he does. Watching Rickman exhibit his talent live is worth the price of admission and is a memory that is priceless. There is so much right with this show I doubt anyone could find a reason not to pass this play with flying colors. Words have never been wittier.

**By the way, the plot is pretty well outlined in this review, so it's a good place to catch all but the ending of the tale... which I will *SPOILER* tell you after the news.

New tv commercial for Seminar here.

Alan was interviewed on NPR today (you can listen at the site).
Actor Alan Rickman has played a loving husband, leader to a group of terrorist henchmen, a stern professor of the dark arts and even a caterpillar.

From Sense And Sensibility to Die Hard to Hogwarts, Rickman's talents have made him recognizable to several generations of moviegoers. Now, Rickman is hoping to continue that trend on stage in the new play, Seminar, which recently opened on Broadway.
It's not the best interview I've ever heard (too much time wasted on callers and not enough on Alan), but still, it's Alan, and there are some cute bits. (We learn for certain that he will NOT be doing a voice for GPS!)

The Guardian (UK) has posted the results of their "Christmas Favourite Film Poll", including two with Alan, Love Actually in the #3 spot; Die Hard in the #8 spot:
The most unexpected film to make the top 10 was John McTiernan's 1988 action thriller Die Hard, which stars Bruce Willis as an off-duty New York cop who battles a gang of armed robbers led by Alan Rickman's sinister Hans Gruber on Christmas Eve. Radio Times film editor Andrew Collins said:

"As it is the season to be jolly, I won't disguise my rosy-cheeked joy that the poll named Die Hard one of the top 10 Christmas movies of all time. It's just as capable of producing festive tingles as the more traditional, December-released Muppet Christmas Carol or the cocklewarming Love Actually, which was literally giftwrapped in 2003 with a lovely red ribbon tied around its twinkling poster image."

Okay *SPOILER ALERT*... so how does Seminar wrap up? In the pic I posted in the prior post, Martin (Hamish Linklater) has finally gotten up the nerve to hand his manuscript over to Leonard (Alan). Alan begins to read, and... at last... realizes that here is the guy who is the real deal, the writer he's been looking for. But when he says it's good, Martin (who has been totally ticked off by Leonard's verbally brutal treatment of himself and everyone else throughout the play) turns down the offer of help to get it published. This is when Leonard begins a long monologue about what will happen to Martin's career if he goes it alone. As Leonard goes on, you realize he is talking about the story of his own career. It is an amazing bit of writing which Alan illuminates brilliantly (this is the speech Jerry O. was talking about in the above quote). Leonard walks out "Class. Is. Over." And then there's a scene change. Till now everything has taken place in Kate's apartment, but now the curtain rises on Leonard's loft apartment (this is the place with the bookshelves that I posted a pic of earlier). There's a banging on the door, and Leonard enters, barefoot and buttoning his shirt over sweat pants. It's Martin demanding to get his money back. Leonard tries to shoo him out. Obviously he is not alone. Kate enters from the bedroom wearing only a shirt. Martin is horrified. Kate goes to get dressed and returns. Leonard leaves them alone and heads for the shower. Martin and Kate do a bit of soap opera-y realizing they have feelings for each other. Kate also tells him Leonard has gotten her a ghostwriting job, introduced Douglas to folks from Hollywood and introduced Izzy to Salman Rushdie. He has been truthful to the core all along and is assisting them with the abilities they do have. As for the personal side, as Kate says, "It's complicated." Kate leaves. Martin sits at Leonard's desk and starts looking through papers on it. He finds a manuscript and begins to read. It is Leonard's and it is brilliant. He is not the plagiarist he had once been falsely accused of being. Leonard comes back in, and furiously demands the manuscript back. Very lively chase around the apartment, with Martin scooting up the bookshelves to escape. He returns the manuscript asking why it hasn't been published. Leonard gets to the core emotional and says he has no skin left. He can't handle criticism, marketing, and everything else involved with publishing his own work. He offers Martin his money back twice, but Martin is now fervent about the manuscript. Leonard pulls out a file from his desk. It's the first 20 pages of Martin's book, which Leonard (who is a top ranked editor) has done a line edit on to show him what he's got. He offers Martin a drink, offering to work with him as his editor... also warning him that what he went through at the seminar was only the beginning. "You'll have Mephistopheles in your pocket." Martin takes a drink and the lights dim.

Last edited by Always on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:05 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Forgot one bit)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit on Wed Nov 30, 2011 5:59 am

Hi all, I have finally registered here AND I ordered Dogma with English subtitles last night! It will be a Christmas present, I can't wait. (I had to do the ordering myself as my mother doesn't even know how to switch on the computer.)

Talk to you later.
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Wed Nov 30, 2011 8:01 am

Hey! It's Juicybit!!! Hello.Glad to see you've found us. I hope you enjoy Dogma (though it's easier to appreciate the sick humor if you were raised Catholic in the 50s and 60s. all those rules and regulations)....

AR, as the Metatron is wonderful...if a little weird looking..he's a bit pale and pasty but the Voice is just fine. How appropriate he speaks for God.He should.

Stay in touch..we love seeing the old crowd coming back.
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:11 am

Photo by Judy Turner Williamson

Great stage door pic of Alan (on the 23rd) posted on the Seminar fb page.

Hey, Juicybit! Welcome... Glad you found the time to drop in and and say hi!

Had to chuckle at this tongue-in-cheek article in the Portland Williamette Week:
Die Hard
You better not pout.

Hans Gruber is Santa Claus. This should be obvious even to those disadvantaged souls who didn’t grow up with Die Hard on TV as the family yule log. Consider: Both have murky European origins, both promise punishment to those who do not obey their edicts, and both bring annual delight to the world by plunging out of the sky. They also share terrific beards, though Hans is more fastidious about trimming. Alan Rickman even spent the better part of the past decade playing another fearsome children’s character, as if unable to let go.
santa

The Irish Echo comments:
When a writer sets about to write about the act of writing, trouble usually follows. One of the extremely rare exceptions has arrived on Broadway in the form of Theresa Rebeck’s sly comedy, “Seminar,” with Alan Rickman giving one of the strongest, most secure performances of his long and illustrious career.

Put simply, the gifted Rebeck has given the actor a role in which he’s brilliantly, flawlessly cast. He is Leonard, a published but corrupt writer whose career at present consists of enrolling wannabe scribes who are willing and able to cough up $5,000 to be part of an exclusive group of four or so students making up a semi-private class.
Rickman takes his share of risks, too, but his skill keeps him on solid ground, even though it might seem easy enough, in the hands of a lesser actor, to detest the cruelly sarcastic Leonard, at least until his professional life’s “secret” is revealed.

Last edited by Always on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:38 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added info)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit on Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:45 am

Maxe, I've already got Dogma with German subtitles. I've always wanted English subtitles as it's pretty hard to understand. I was raised in an atheist family, but chose to be a Catholic when I was 11. It will be 24 years ago this Christmas.

I may be busy but I'm always in touch!! *sniff*

Gah, a new scarf! *faints* How lovely. Wow. I've never seen this piece of beauty. Am I much, much behind?
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:04 pm

Photo from The New Yorker

Hunted all over for The New Yorker with the Seminar article while in New York with no luck. Found it at LAX while transferring planes on the trip home. Weird! Can't access the article online unless you're a subscriber. Will try to get it transcribed (it's long, but a good read) over the weekend (along with the million other things on the agenda Laughing ) Here's the start:
Alan Rickman is the go-to-actor for supercilious. Over the years, in screen roles as various as the Sheriff of Nottingham in "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves," Colonel Brandon in "Sense and Sensibility," Hans Gruber in "Die Hard," and Severus Snape in the "Harry Potter" franchise, Rickman has given contempt more complex angles than a Cubist painting. His unhurried hubris earned him the ranking of forty-sixth-best villain in film history in a recent American Film Institute panel. Onstage, however, as far as I am concerned, Rickman is No. 1. There is nothing quite like being in the presence of his cool, ironic hauteur, which is at once dangerous and delightful.
Alan and Seminar are doing well, as reported by Ticket News:
Two recently opened plays in smaller Main Stem houses also had a hand in the holiday rush. "Seminar," a dark comedy starring Alan Rickman, rocketed 68 percent to $420,181 last week.
Total Film comments on DH2:
There is something about Alan Rickman as Professor Severus Snape that makes us grateful we never had to study potions at school.

In a new featurette that's just landed online, director David Yates gives his opinion on Rickman's performance as Snape in Harry's reveal scene in Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows: Part 2.

The way his emotionless face hardly moves as each dragged-out word threatens the group of children in the Great Hall is simply terrifying.

The pauses between every...single...word makes it seem like he is thinking very carefully about precisely which words will chill the students to the core.

Alan Rickman may not have much screen time, but when he does, he definitely makes the most of it, ensuring his presence is felt throughout the entire film.
(The featurette is embedded on the page if you haven't already caught it.)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Thu Dec 01, 2011 1:19 am

Thanks Always for the interesting and informative posts. It is the next best thing to actually seeing the play, which I probably never will. Leonard in Seminar is rather like Snape isn't he? He seems rather terrible, but is really a decent sensitive person.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:35 am

I imagine writers have very fragile egos indeed..maybe even worse than actors because an actor can tweak a performance if he gets an iffy review but a writer lays it all out there,trusts his editor and then it's out of his hands.And writing is so very personal. If your thoughts and the way you express them are slammed, it's really directed at you with no buffer to protect you.
I imagine AR as Leonard can take all that insecurity, wrap it in arrogance and deflection,and hide it from the students without any artifice showing.

Rickman has given contempt more complex angles than a Cubist painting
could it be said any better?????
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:23 am

Photoshop by Meisha283 from Page 394

MMD... Yes, Leonard and Severus do indeed share a lot in common. In one of the Seminar interviews, Alan even was questioned about it in the Playbill interview:
Rickman didn't squirm a bit when these parallel lives were pointed out to him after the show at the Gotham party. Indeed, he rather embraced the idea. "Both of them," he said, waving his "eureka" finger in the air, "turn out to be great truth-tellers."
(I love the photoshopped pic to illustrate it all from Meisha!)

The Epoch Times has a detailed Seminar review
Rickman gives a brilliant performance in the role of Leonard, literally owning the stage from the moment he appears, with every withering glance, gesture, or line often reducing the audience to gales of laughter and the other characters to utter helplessness. Outwardly cynical, he is at heart a true believer whose ideals have been tempered by long years and bitter experience.

In this way, he’s the polar opposite of Martin, which is brought to the fore in a wonderful monologue by Rickman in which he calls the young man to task. He shows that unless Martin is very careful, his life will become strikingly similar to Leonard’s.
Seminar is an interesting look at the boundaries of morality and the question of accepting help from the most unlikely of sources, and Rickman’s performance makes it all worth watching.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Potions Mistress on Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:16 pm

The more I hear about Seminar, the more I want to see it! Thanks for the great recaps and reviews, Always. I took a couple of creative writing courses in college and I loved the "writing workshop" experience--but then again, my professor was kind, caring, and always tried to make the best out of what someone had written. The worst criticism I faced was from my classmates, actually, and that still probably wasn't anything compared to other seminars.

Welcome, Juicy! Glad to see you here. Smile

Always, the Hans/Santa comparison was hilarious! Thanks for sharing.
Potions Mistress

Back to top Go down

Post  Tamsin Yeobright on Thu Dec 01, 2011 2:30 pm

Wow! I'm wallowing in all this treasure trove! Thank you so much for the detailed recap Always, and all the latest Seminar articles. I loved the "cubist painting" comment too, Maxe! Methinks momentum is building for that Oscars appearance, hopefully in those snappy dark robes. Ah well ... a girl can dream....

Love the photoshop and scarf pic. Alan looks so young and fun-loving. He must be really energised by all the terrific reviews he's getting.

Hi Juicybit!
Tamsin Yeobright

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:54 pm

Photo by Jastrow

The Yorker (UK) has whimsical suggestions for a Fantasy Nativity, including:
Angel Chorus

Matthew McConaughey can bring his impressive “looking pretty” and “leaning on things” skills to the table, while Alan Rickman will lend gravitas, heft and some serious comic timing to the project.
Meanwhile, the Examiner's Jeff York muses on his Favorite "Scrooges" in Christmas movies, including:
Alan Rickman as Hans Gruber in "Die Hard" (1988)

People often forget that this seminal action picture from the Eighties takes place against the backdrop of an office Christmas party in LA. The ‘Scrooge’ in this one is terrorist Hans Gruber who crashes the shebang hoping to steal the millions in bearer bonds located in the company’s vault. Alan Rickman’s screen debut as Hans is an auspicious one. He created an instant classic in urbane villainy that’s a perfect foil to Bruce Willis’ blue-collar cop out to stop him. Rickman practically purrs every one of his lines. He’s the best Bond villain never to appear in a Bond film! Hearing him instruct his henchman to “Shoot. The. Glass.” to stop a barefooted Willis from a clean getaway is both chilling and hilarious. Hans is a villain who enjoys the sound of his malevolent voice, and Rickman is an actor who knows how to milk each word for maximum effect.
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Juicybit on Fri Dec 02, 2011 3:58 am

more complex angles than a Cubist painting
That's the funniest thing I've heard in a while Very Happy

Love the pic of Snape and Leonard with all the books!

As HPANA is not making a speedy recovery I have added the fourth thread to the archive (I'm not allowed to post a link Shocked). If any of you have posts from the last few days (31st Oct and early Nov) in their email box (stalks or followers), please let me know and I will add them too.
Juicybit

Back to top Go down

Post  Always on Fri Dec 02, 2011 9:31 am

SnitchSeeker has posted caps from DH2's countdown, including this cute one.

Alan's name is around quite a bit with cast listings for DH2 (the UK Bluray release seems to be the core), plus now the annual lists of Christmas films are appearing, such as today's "Best Christmas Films" from The Observer:
"Love Actually"

This was the original Holiday-themed ensemble romantic comedy, following nine interconnected love stories during the Christmas season. There isn't much not to love about "Love Actually." The film features some of the UK's most famous actors, including Alan Rickman, Kiera Knightly and rom-com titan Hugh Grant. With just the right amount of British humor (or should I say "humour") and heartwarming romance, "Love Actually" is the perfect movie to watch when you're looking for a crunch time pick-me-up
"Die Hard"

This holiday film has everything you could ask for in a Christmas classic ¾family reconnection, a father's redemption, Bruce Willis and, above all, the selfless spirit of helping one's neighbor. Willis plays John McClane, an overworked New York City police officer whose wife has moved to Los Angeles with their two children to pursue a career opportunity. McClane is visiting for the holidays, but it seems like he'll need a Christmas miracle to keep his family together. Thankfully, one arrives in the form of Alan Rickman and a bunch of international terrorists.
Juicybit... thanks for your work in preserving the old Alan threads from HPANA! Since as a newbie you can't post a link yet, I'll add it here for anyone who wants some old memories.

WNBC has the audio available online of today's interview with Alan, Lily Rabe & Hamish Linklater on the Leonard Lopate program. I'm listening as I type, and it's a pretty decent interview (for a change).

Last edited by Always on Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:44 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added)
Always
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Maxecat on Fri Dec 02, 2011 10:21 pm

What a sweet photo...and you can tell it's toward the end of the series...in the beginning Dan was terrified of Alan. Even Jo says AR could be intimidating.

I'm so thrilled to see the continuing positive reviews on the play and especially AR's performance. To be praised for using words well must be satisfying for him.
Keep his name out there and maybe Academy voters will be motivated to honor him this year for his film work.

Wish there was an emoticon for crossed fingers Wink
Maxecat

Back to top Go down

Post  Magical Music Dreamer on Fri Dec 02, 2011 11:18 pm

Yes, that is a wonderful picture with Snape and Harry.
Magical Music Dreamer
Elite Member
Elite Member

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 25 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 15 ... 25  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum